Teaser

Poetry club had started soon after I arrived, Liz beginning her poem and soon followed by Arthur. Usually it was the three of us anyways, so it was normal for Mr. Healy to simply be grading papers while we read aloud what we wrote. "I don't think I want you to go up after me. It'll make what I wrote seem mundane."

I chuckled and shook my head, snapping along with Liz. "Arthur my middle name is mundane. Don't worry." I looked down to my journal and up to Mr. Healy. "Besides, I'm rather out of my comfort zone with this one."

I stood up now, taking a deep breath. My gaze was turned up to Matty, seeing he put the pen down to hear me.

"Chocolate was just a dessert to me,
Until your eyes reminded me of the sweet candy itself.
Flowers used to simply be beautiful plants to me,
Until you gave each one a meaning of its own.
Hair was simply a physical barrier to me,
Until seeing the ways yours bounced with your strides brought a smile to my face.
Art was just a way for me to escape,
Until seeing you everyday made me realize that the most beautiful paintings could not compare to the frame of your face.
And a name was simply an identification to me,
Until you uttered mine on your lips."

The snaps erupted from Liz and Arthur along with Matty by his desk. "That's the first romantic poem I've heard you read," He said.

I shrugged and took a seat. "Like I said, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone...Mr. Healy," I toyed with him and smiled to the two other members.

"Must be someone special to differ away from the norm of your more emotional thoughts," Arthur mentioned and leaned in with a smirk, "So, who is it? Or is it still lowkey?"

"It's lowkey still, we don't wanna say anything about it yet," I lied and shrugged, seeing Matty was looking up at the mention of it, "And I don't think I'm planning on sharing it out to the world just yet. Besides, I like the mystery of it."