Chapter 27: You

Song Selection: Cry For Me by Hunny

The school bell signified yet another transition between classes as I trudged along with everyone else. The stress of finals coming soon seemed to hang over the heads of students, each going off on their own merry way as I felt the same along with them.

God just get me out of this hell-hole already...

Seeing Anna already seated for Literature, my spirits were soon lifted and I smiled to take my usual seat beside her as she looked about ready to talk my ear off over some new found drama from throughout the day. Tucking away the usual note left for me from Matty away to read later on, I listened on to her venting as much as I could go on for until class officially started. "What with state exams coming up fairly soon, you'll all be glad to hear that I have decided to take the opportunity for a much-needed break and have not planned for anything today. Instead, we'll just be watching a cinematic rendition of our current novel to do something sort-of teaching esque with the time."

Soon after this small introduction from Mr. Healy, the class either got themselves ready for a much-needed nap or continued on with their discussions as Mansfield Park began to play on the backdrop of the screen at the centre of the class. Anna nudged me knowingly as I looked to her confused. "You convince him to put on a film today?" She whispered to me.

I rolled my eyes at this. "God how cliché do you think my relationship is?" She raised a brow to me as I cleared my throat for a moment. "I told him I didn't get much sleep last night because I was studying late for an exam I had last period. I didn't think he was going to take a day off though." Anna only laughed at this news and I did the same under my breath, now beginning to search through my bag for my usual journal and pen to ease myself for the next 40 or so minutes.

Frowning for a moment and taking another scan throughout my backpack, Anna soon noticed my frantic behaviour with concern in her eyes. "I don't have my journal?"

"What do you mean? Did you leave it at home?"

I shook my head immediately, digging through my bag. "No, I bring it with me everywhere!" Suddenly the classroom door opened to allow for the sunlight to seep into the room briefly before the class dissolved into the slight darkness despite the light coming from the projector the film played off of. The student gave Mr. Healy, laid back behind his desk grading papers under a small lamplight, the small note in his hands before leaving once again.

He stood up suddenly as the student made his way out, the class only turning mildly interested in whatever was going on. I looked to him worried to notice him doing the same as our eyes met once he looked away from reading the note. Dropping the note off at the front of my desk, I looked to see I was to be directed to the office and attempted to grab my things without appearing to make much of a fuss about this. "Maybe they have your journal and that's it?" Anna suggested as a means of comforting me while knowing very well what this could possibly be about. "They would've had the police here if they knew y'know."

Holding the note in my hands as I made the walk to the unfamiliar main office setting, the thoughts now rushing through my mind worried me more than ever. Eyes of the secretaries hardly working away soon locked onto me beadily as I handed the referral to one of them, the woman now leading me to the office of the Vice Principal, Mrs. Robinson.

She looked up to see me now timidly standing in her office doorway and nodded. "Ms. Carson! Please, take a seat," She said as I slowly did so, looking to her desk to notice the scrawls of my messy handwriting out for her display. Mrs. Robinson noticed this and raised her arms defensively. "I didn't mean to pry at your work, it's just the way for us to get a name on who to return this lovely piece to and is really why I had you come in- A student brought it in after finding it left behind on the field benches."

SETTLE DOWN, matty healyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें