teddy duchamp

The summer of 1960 was when I moved to Castle Rock. I had been dreading it ever since my parents had told me, and now I was there.

I lifted boxes into a room that I was gonna share with my older sister, Holly. It took me awhile but I finished unpacking and then was out the door to see the new and unfamiliar town that I would be living in.

" MOM! I'm going out " My voice screamed, and I then slammed the door. I strolled down the street and then stopped in front of a comic book store. I reached into my pocket to see if I had some change to buy something and pulled out two dimes. My hand reached out to the door and I stepped in the hot store that had about five fans on. I walked around, browsing for something that looked interesting, and picked up a bright comic. I flipped the colorful cover that said " 5 cents " in the corner of it and began to read. 

" You new here? " I jumped and turned around to see a boy my age.

" Yeah, how could you tell? "

" It's a small town, not to many people move here "

" Oh "

The boy smiled, " What's your name? "

" Hannah, and yours?"

" Chris, since you're new you wanna get to know each other? Maybe come hang out with me and my friends? "

" Uh, sure " I set the comic back in place and followed him to a tree house, we climbed up a latter and then he knocked in a special pattern and a little door opened. I pulled myself up after Chris did and sat there.

" Hey guys, this is Hannah. " Chris announced. 
A brunette boy looked up from his magazine. "Hi, I'm Gordie" he stated in a small voice then darted his eyes back down.

" Wow, a girl in the tree house " a boy with short fuzzy chestnut hair said as he eyes lit up.

" Yeah Verno, bet it's only girl you've seen this up close is your mom " a kid with glasses and light brown hair let out a laugh.

" Come on Teddy, lay off of Vern " Chris said as he looked at the boy who was laughing.

" Fine " Teddy grunted.

" So, what do you guys wanna do? " Chris asked.

" Lets play war " Teddy responded as he made gun nosies. They all let out a groan.

" Teddy we play that almost everyday " Chris told him. Teddy rolled his eyes and mumbled something to himself. I stared at him for a second before he noticed. Teddy was pretty cute I have to admit even if I had just met the boy who seemed a little crazy in a fun way.

" You guys wanna go get a coke? " Vern asked.

" Okay " Gordie shrugged as he closed the closed the comic.

" Sure " Chris replied.

" Yeah, that sounds nice, it's really hot so that'll cool me off "

Gordie, Chris and I climbed out of the tree house.

" Teddy lets go " I heard Vern tell Teddy as I glanced up at the little door that lead inside while I stood below it,

" Make me " he said and then Vern pushed him out.

* Insert " This Magic Moment " by The drifters & Ben E. King here * Before I knew it Teddy was on me and our faces were smashed against each other to what I guess you would call 'kissing' and for a split second my heart was racing because I swear he kissed back and I did too. Gazing up I saw Vern.

" Oops " Vern placed his hand over his mouth.

Teddy and I were red. I shoved him off of me because if I had stayed there any longer I could have died from embarrassment and then stood up dusting my dress off. Gordie and Chris looked at each other and then hysterically laughed. Teddy got up then and pushed his glasses upwards.

" Vern! When you get down here I'm gonna- " I placed my hand on Teddy's shoulder before he could finish.

" It's fine, lets just go " I declared. Vern hopped down and apologized to Teddy.

" Vern you shouldn't be apologizing! Teddy should be on his knees bowing down to you, I bet you he likes Hannah! " Chris claimed.

" Yeah, Vern " Gordie joined in.

" You guys really think so? " Vern beamed like he had done a great deed.

" Oh course Verno! " Chris swung his arm over Vern.

" Can we just go already? " Teddy uttered, and we all started walking. Not a second passed with it going silent.

-

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this imagine!
this was requested by: 80smovies_trash

Next chapter at 300 reads on the book.