chris chambers

It was 102 degrees outside in Castle Rock and I was hot and sticky, even if I had my curly long brown hair tied back. I lied on my lilac covers and stared up to the ceiling. The sun light shone through my thin white curtains which made it seem like a oven in my room even with the fan on full blast. I began to day dream trying to forget how hot it was when there was a knock on my front door. My mom answered it so I ignored it.

" Ava! Someone's here for you! " My mother called out to me. I groaned, sat up and dragged myself to the door. It was Chris. Once I was at the door my mother left the two of us to talk.

" Oh hey Chris " I said.

" Hey Ava, you wanna hang out? Maybe go see a movie " He asked.

" Okay, sure! We can invite Gordie, Teddy and Vern too " I bounced.

" Well I kinda wanted it to be just the two of us if that's alright " He replied.

" Oh, well okay then lets just wait till the sun goes down so its not to hot " I told him.

" Yeah sure, that'll work out fine "

" Ok well I'll meet you at the movies at 8:00 pm then "

" Okay see you then " I closed the door and Chris walked away.

* time skip to 7:53 pm *

I looked up to the clock in my room 7:53 o'clock it read. It was much cooler by now so I deiced to wear a dress instead of my shorts and my tank top I was currently wearing.

" Mom I'm gonna go out! " I yelled to my mom before stepping outside.

" Okay " she yelled back from the kitchen table where she was working on something.

I walked to the movie theater which wasn't too far from my house, and soon saw Chris. We deiced on a movie and Chris payed for both of the tickets. We then walked up too the counter where you could get popcorn, drinks and other various snacks. While the worker got them a boy behind me tapped my shoulder. I turned around.

" Hey, say what if you go out with me I'll pay for your stuff " He smiled.

" Its fine we have the money we can pay for it ourselves, right Chris? " Chris stayed silent.

" Okay if you won't let me pay will you give me your name? "

" It's Ava, what about you? "

" Micheal, Ava's a real nice name for a real pretty girl "

" Micheal's not to bad of a name either "

"If we ever run into each other I'd like to hang out sometime " The worker then set down our snacks and Chris gave the money to the man who was working and grabbed my hand and dragged me to the theater. While I waved goodbye to the stranger which I had only known their name. Chris stayed silent for the rest of the time we were together which was weird because he had never acted like this before.

He would always make comments or tell jokes which would make me laugh but not today. I wondered why. I would try to talk to him but he would just tell me " shush " or not reply. When the movie was over I tried walking with him but he would just walk faster so  I couldn't catch up.

" Chris? What the hell has gotten into you? "

He shrugged. " I just wanna go home "

" Yeah right, you hate it there "

" Fine, it was that kid "

" You mean you're jealous? " he stared to the sidewalk then to me. We stopped.

" I'm- " I was about to say that I was sorry when his lips smashed into mine. I kissed back and he pulled away.

" Does that answer you're question? " he smiled lightly.

-

Sorry I posted this late!! I wrote a Chris imagine yesterday and posted it but later decided that I didn't like it so I deleted it. I really hope you liked  sorry that it was late and sorry that its not that long.
this imagine was requested by: BlueRasberry1142

Next chapter at 450 reads on the book