chris chambers

I stared down to my feet as I kicked at a pebbles. I was walking home from the store and I carried a paper bag that had a warm loaf of bread inside. My mother had asked me to pick it up for dinner tonight. I stumbled to the ground when someone had bumped into me dropping the bag.

" Hey! Watch wher- " I looked up to see Christopher Chambers and the other boys he hung around with. I was silenced. Christopher Chambers. The name ran through my head. The kid who stole the milk money at school awhile back. Eyeball Chambers kid brother. I swallowed standing myself up.

" S-S-Sorry Sir " are the words that came out of my mouth as I started to run the opposite direction of my house. Sir? What was I saying?? My ears filled with a " Eee-eee-eee " Teddy Duchamp's " laugh ".

" Did you hear that Chris? She called you sir. " I overheard Teddy breathe out between laughs.

" Oh shut up Teddy it isn't that funny she was just probably scared of me... Like everyone else in this town " Christopher said.

Their voices died down once I ran far enough. I was out of breath.

" Damn it... " I mumbled. I had remembered I had dropped the bread. I guess I was so scared I had forgotten it. Great. Now I was gonna have to walk back and get it. I made a fool of myself by calling Christopher sir. What if I cross paths with them again? I sat down on the sidewalk against a wall. To catch my breath and to wait a few minutes to make sure I wouldn't cross paths with the boys again. I put my knees up. Rested both my arms on them. And hid my face inside.

A few minutes had passed I heard steps coming my way. Their was a tap on my shoulder. I uncovered my face. Once again I saw Christopher. He held a brown bag.

" You dropped this... " he gave me the brown bag and sat beside me.

" Thanks " I half smiled looking down again.

" You're welcome "

" Listen..., Christopher is it? " I paused pretending not to know his name.

" It's Chris "

" Well Chris... I'm uh sorry I ran from you I was just... startled? That's all "

" It's fine, I'm used to it. " he shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.

" Used to what? "

" People running from me "

" Oh... Im sorry, w- where are your friends? " I stuttered changing the subject quickly.

" I told them to stay where they were while I went to give you back your bag "

" Oh "

" I better get going... I don't wanna leave them waiting for me " He began to sit up before my arms wrapped around him and I pulled him down to sitting again.

" Thanks again, it was real nice of you considering I ran " I whispered.

His faced was red when I pulled away from the hug.

Chris rubbed the back of his neck. " It was really no problem "

" Speaking of going I better go as well, my mother will think I ran off with her change if I don't give her this bread she wanted. "

" Okay we'll see you around "

" Oh and by the way my name is Grace "

" Well, see you around... Grace "

I waved to him and then walked home. Smiling the rest of the way.

-

Side note: @pepsicola_8 I'll post you're request very soon! I am really sorry for the delay. And I'll post a Teddy imagine after I post @pepsicola_8 request

this imagine was requested by: @eightiesradical

This was just a little fluff. I hope you enjoyed as always and hope that you have a great day.