teddy duchamp

for: summerof84

i'm so sorry! this
is so late but i hope
you enjoy it.

     Teddy Duchamp was rather wild, as one might say. He dodged trucks, and everything he said was odd. Though the boy was very funny, even if it was un intentional most times, and he was a sweetheart once you got to know him. At least I thought so. I admired the boy, and there he sat right in front of me. He shuffled a deck of cards and looked to Chris Chambers.

"So what do you want to play today?" Teddy asked Chris.

     Chris sat back on a crate and sorta sighed looking upwards, then he licked his lips and spoke.

"I'd rather not play cards today to tell you the truth Teddy"

      Teddy sorta stared at the boy and squinted his eyes.

"What do you mean you don't want to play, why not?"

      Chris gave a shrug. In which Teddy gave a huffy face.

"It's just, i'm kinda tired, you know?" Chris told, now he was staring at his shoes.

     I could tell Chris was lying. Something was bothering him and it seemed that he wanted to be left alone. Today it was just the three of us, Teddy, Chris and I. Some days Chris would rather be left alone or talk to just Gordie. I didn't blame him for the days he was in a mood like this, after all he always had a reasonable explanation as to why he wasn't acting quite like himself. I guess Teddy just didn't get that.

     Just as Teddy was about to start in I spoke up.

"Teddy, if Chris is tired why don't we let him take a nap or something and then we can go down to the Blue Point Diner and get a float or something, I have some money to get us both something." I said.

"Alright." Teddy let out, a little angry.

     Chris gave me a little smile and I waved to him now moving the wooden box where Teddy was shuffling cards and then lifted the little hatch to the door, and I went down the ladder. Teddy followed me, grabbing the portable radio that was in the treehouse. He turned on the little radio and it began to let out a soft tune. Just loud enough for us to hear but so we wouldn't have to yell to hear each other when we talked.

"I wonder what ol' Verno is doing" I voiced, attempting to start a conversation as we walked.

      Teddy let out a chuckle, he had probably thought of what the boy was doing.

"Probably stuffin his face with twinkies" Teddy admitted.

      I giggled, thinking of Vern eating the golden cream filled snack.

"Yeah, you're right he probably is doing that, remember when his mom got him five whole boxes of twinkies for his birthday that one year, and he ate them all in one sitting since Gordie bet he couldn't, then he threw up all over Billy's carpet, since he was trying to take a short cut through Billy's room to the bathroom!"

     We both started to laugh so hard that our stomachs hurt.

"Yeah I remember! And then he started crying saying that Billy would be home any second, telling us that Billy was gonna kick his ass, he totally freaked and made his dog lick up the throw up, man Vern's such a pussy"