gordie lachance

I sat on my front porch watching people walk past me and sighed not knowing what to do. I then rested my head on my lap so the beams of the sun would shine on my back and not on my hair.

" Hey Y/N " I heard a familiar voice call out to me. I looked up. It was Gordie Lachance my next door neighbor for about three years due to the fact I moved the summer of 1960. I stared into his golden brown eyes that reminded of maple syrup. The smile on his face was dreamy and his dark amber hair was slicked back.

" Earth to Y/N helloooo " He waved his hand in front of me.

" Huh, oh uh hey gorgeous I mean Gordie!!! Gordie! I am so sorry I was just... thinking... Yeah thinking! About something I mean someone I lov- liked I meant liked. " I smacked my head with my palm.

" Okay? Well do you wanna take a walk with me? "

" Uh sure " I got up and strolled around with him.

" What are you doing tonight? " I asked.

He kicked at the pebbles along the sidewalk "Nothing, and you? "

" Same as you "

" You wanna hang out at the tree house? We could play cards and stuff "

I shrugged " Why not " inside I was filled with joy but I tried acting like it was nothing because it was. We were just hanging out... nothing more than friends together.

" Great see you at 8:00 pm then " He said rushing off rather suddenly.

After I walked home... without Gordie. I took a shower, and teased my hair into a ponytail. I went outside and looked at the stars before coming to the tree house. There Gordie sat in the shrubs listing to the radio play. I propped down beside him. ' Oh What a Night ' played. I hummed gracefully.

" Wanna go in the tree house " he questioned looking towards me. I shook my head no not taking my eyes off the shining stars. He kept  glancing towards me so I looked at him the way I looked at the sky.

He slowly made his hand towards mine and softly grasped it but I pulled away jolting my head the other way. Causing my heart to speed up.

" What's wrong?  " he questioned.

I glanced up again. " This " I kissed his lips. He leaned in not pulling back. The song played through my head as we kissed. Oh what a night it was.

***

Super sorry this is so short!!! I will try to update tommorw. Any requests for Teddy?