Where the lies began

"That's..That's.."  I was in complete shock I didn't wanna believe that this was possible.

"Your mom..!" Zoey was just as shocked as I was.

"Maybe they made a mistake. I mean that's not her name! her name is Melissa Gilbert! Not Carla Jones! maybe they put the wrong photo there and...and..." or maybe this is what dad has been hiding. I just don't want to believe its true.

"Click on it." I say confidently

"What?, Annie you don't have to..."

"I want to, I have to know" I interrupt her. I don't want her to talk me out of this.

"Ok, lets see she was born in New York, 1973 January 17th, she was omitted because she attempted killed her sister Margret in 1991 ." (when she was 18 ) .

"Wow" that's all I could say.

"How long was she in there anyway?" I ask

"4 years, it was actually supposed to be 16 years but according to this article she escaped and it was investigated but they suspected there was inside help there but there was nothing conclusive so they didn't find out who it was!"

"Oh my god Zoey, Do you know how big this is!" Just this morning I thought it would like any other day, but now nothing was normal, now that I think about nothing was normal even before I was born.

"It get's worse, the day she attempted to kill Margret it was February 28th, today, it the anniversary of Margret's attempted murder and my mom's death tell me that isn't a coincidence." She might be on to something.

"Yeah but it was two guy's that killed my mom there was no girl I would remember." I cringe, recalling the memory that has haunted me for a year.

"Maybe she hired them to get revenge." Zoey suggests

"This is interesting?" Zoey eyes are filled with wonder.

"What?!" I i try to get a closer look at the computer

"Her name is blue." 

"So? What you have a color preference what do you want it to be pink?" I snap not getting where this is going.

"No that means you can click on her name and get information, but that would only happen if she was a patient of a staff member of the institute, or maybe if she visited alot." She doesn't sound so sure on the last part.

"Why would she visit the person who tried to kill her." My mind felt like it was going to explode.

"She wouldn't." Zoey looks down at the ground.

"Click on her name to find out!" I basically yell.

"Ok!...... It says that she was a regular visitor for a James Resler, and Liam Tanner, they were supervised visits and the doctor who supervised them is ...."

"Doctor Gilbert... My dad." I groan at the pounding in my head.

"Do you think..?" Zoey cuts her self off.

"What?"

"Never mind." She shakes her head.

"What?" I pushed. I hate it when she does that.

"Do you think David knew about this?" Her tone has slight accusation to it.

"No, He probably just knew about dad working at the institute." She giving me the 'are you stupid look'.

"Don't look at me that!!"

"Ok, let's focus on this. We'll talk to david after."

"Here let's make a list of people we need to talk to."

"What!!"

"Margret, David, Liam and James..."

"Are you crazy!! You want to talk to the person your mom tried to kill and possible got the two guys who actually killed your mom and stabbed you!"

"Well when you put it like that... It sounds crazy."

"Ok, so in what way do you put it to make it sound sane!?" I was starting to feel crazy.

"Ok it's crazy and stupid but it's what I have to do to figure all this out."

"Ok lets say you go talk to them 

1) You don't know where margret lives

2) Your 14 you cant go to that place and talk to criminal's by yourself, plus they might recognize your last name!"

"Your right." I say in defeat.

"Thank you."

"So I'll have sneak in there myself."