Armed and Dangerous

I couldn't believe what i just heard. Was he crazy? Was he trying to get me mad? Or was he serious? 

"Why on earth would i take your place here?" I exclaim

"Oh i don't know this!" He grabs a knife and putting it to David neck slowly moving toward his jugular leaving a blood trail.

"STOP!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs 

He stops David gives me look that's says don't do anything stupid.

Too late.

"I do what you want" I sigh "Just stop hurting David."

"No...." David moans

"I knew you would see it my way sooner or later, its a good thing it was sooner than later."looking at David.

I start to cry knowing my new life was going to be terrible.

"Oh don't cry Annie." He wipes a tear off my cheek and David try's to get up but fails. "Soon everything wi-

RING!!! 

"Oh what now!!!" Dad gets up and answers the phone. I cant here what the other person is saying but i can hear what dad is saying.

"Well that's not my fault!........ I don't care if........ Listen hear you....... Fine, fine ill be there in 10 minutes."

"I'll be back. don't go anywhere." "Ha-ha" He laughs and walks out. As soon as dad closes the door David speaks up."

"Annie you cant be serious about this, don't do this for me, ill be ok." David looks at me i can see in his eyes he thinks this is his fault. But its not its mine if i hadn't been snooping around this wouldn't have happened.

"David were going to get out of here together , and go to the cops and expose him. Im going to tell him anything he wants to hear."

"Good now we have at least 20 minutes till he comes back so what do you want to do?"

"Well my guess is he doesn't think well escape but he probably a few guards close to hear just in case. You were hear did you see an exit close by here?"

"Yes i did you go out the door and take a left into a dark hallway, James friend busted them that was the distraction then the door at the end of the hallway is the exit."

"Perfect, now  Kick over that cloth on your leg to me." He was looking at me like i was crazy but didn't object he kicked it over and i caught it with my mouth. 

I put the cloth deeper in my mouth so i wouldn't scream so loud from the pain that i was about to endure.

There was a lamp next to me so i stretched my hand as far as it would go within the restrains my fingers just brushed over the lamp. Just a bit further and i got it.

I lowered the lamp and put the light bulb just over the restrains. Then David knew what i was about to do.

"Annie no don't you even think abo-"

"MMMMMMMM" My screams came out muffled because of the cloth. The light bulb was burning my skin. It felt like it was fire.

What felt like a century, finally the restraint broke and i could move my arm. I threw the lamp across the room. Took the cloth from my mouth and untied the other restraint.

i got up and immediately went to david putting the cloth around his neck, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Annie are you crazy? are you ok?" Davids taking my wrist in his hands.

"Yes im crazy and its just itchs thats all." 

"Here." He said grabbing some medical gaws and wraps it around my wrist.

with my spare hand i tied the cloth to his neck just enough to keep pressure on his cut, and looose enough so he could breathe.

 "what now?" He asks

"We have to arm ourselves, i dont think they'll kill us but they will definitly drug us, then report back to dad."

"That all." David says sarcastically

I give him a glare.

 I start searching through cuboards and cabinets trying to find weapons im hoping to find a gun, but no such luck.

So we take some syringes that contain god knows what, and a few knifes to protect our selves.

"Ready?" I ask. I half expect a full hospital army guarding the door.

"As ill ever be." He replies

i open the door to find nothing, nobody. Not a guard in site. But i still have the instinct to be very cafeful and sneaky.

We walk down the hallway and hear a guard comeing this way!

We dash into the nearest room to find. We quietly shut the door and wait for the guard to past. When he finally does me and david let out s frustrated breath.

"That was close to close." I say

But david isnt answering me.

"David?" I turn around to see what he is looking at and why he's not replying.

and now i know why.

On the table is a body that has been tied up, beaten and stabbed to death. And it want just any body

It was james.