After This

I'm very pleased to say that the mission I had to make a friend has been successful, kind of.

Well, I had to apologise to Xavier in English, and I'm pretty sure he was okay about it. He is not the easiest person to read and for a girl that not only enjoys reading books, but people, too, I can confirm that he gives away too many mixed signals.

I find it tiresome to read these kinds of people, so I am left in a state of pure confusion and misery. Yet, I guess, these people also spark a sense of interest and fascination from me, also.

******

As the day came to an end and I was preparing to go study in the school library, which is usually still open until 6:00-7:00pm for all the book worms and nerds aka, me, when I remembered to take some things out of my locker to help me. As I was searching my locker for some physics, geometry and algebra books, which I bought earlier that term on the things I was struggling with and needed extra help on, a strong figure appeared in front of me and almost knocked me over whilst speeding my way in a gush of wind.

Xavier. What is happening?
"If we are friends, as you said we are, we must do what friends do" He says.
I'm thinking about this for a minute. Thinking about how I had plans to study, but I think 'why not' , I don't have any homework due soon, I can always study another time.

"What do you have planned?" I ask, as a mischievous grin appears on my face.
"Hmm, I haven't thought that far ahead" He laughs.
I realise now that I am actually becomming friends with Xavier. We won't just be talking about how to solve complex maths equations or how to analyse Shakespeare's use of language. I will start to understand the mystery that is my friend, Xavier.

******

"Well, are you ready?" He asks.
"Ready for what?" I answer.
"An adventure." He says cheesily.

He grabs my hand, which comes to me as a surprise since, the Xavier that I know, Is a shy, awkward kid who blends in perfectly into the surrounding walls of our school.

I watch as he easily drags me out past the gates of our school onto, the front fields of our school.
"Where are we going? Who are you?" I shriek as he lifts me onto the front seat of his large jeep cherokee.
"Shh, it sounds as if I'm kidnapping you" He smirks.
"Who says you aren't?" I laugh.
I guess I really have made a friend.

Just now, I remembered leaving my own car in the school parking lot, oh great. Well, I could ask him to drop me off at the school parking lot, when we are done with this 'adventure', but I will sound like a homeless teen causing him to worry even more about me. This boy is too nice.
I will just explain my situation.

"I left my car back there, you know..." I say awkwardly.
"You drive?" He says, impressed.
"So, a girl can't drive then? Sexist fool, its the 21st century." I say, jokingly. I always get this, though, the shocked faces every time, no-one expects a young girl like me to be driving like a woman does.
"Not like that, it's just that you don't seem like you'd be bothered to drive to school every morning." He laughs.
"I'm impressed, I feel like a proud father right now." He jokes.
"Way to make things weird." I say.
"But will you drop me off at the school parking lot later on, please." I beg.
"Don't worry about it." He added.
He looked at me for a while, not saying anything, just looking, gazing into my eyes.

"I like your eyes." he smiles, as he realises what he just blurted out and shifts his eyes back onto the road.
"Thank you." I giggle.

I am now the one looking at him, staring really, I see a lot of things that I like also, that I will not mention due to severe awkwardness. As an example, his sharp jawline which shapes his face well, his button-like nose, his green eyes which contrast well with his jet-back hair.
"Actually, I like your eyes as well." I say, although I didn't expect me to.
I blush. He blushes. Like I said earlier, I made things a lot more awkward, I need to start listening to myself.
"Thank you." He proclaimed.
"You're welcome." I stated.

I sit in the car, patiently until he decides when it's time to step out. And, I guess, that time is now.

******

Tomorrow is coming but it's not here yet. Until then.

-Veronica Jones.