23: Fire

Juliette

           "Leave?" I laugh. "But we just got here!"

           Edward shakes his head. "We need to find Robert's mom." He glances behind himself. "And take these two home."

           Eva and Silas glance at each other then at Edward. "But we don't wanna go home," they say in a scary, synchronized voice.

           I shudder a little.

           Edward laughs and shakes his head. "Come on, Eva, Silas. I need to take you home before-"

           The door busts open.

           I hear an embarrassed whisper say, "Oh, my God, Robert don't do this!" at the same time a buffoon jumps through the door.

           "All right, coppers, I don't want any prob- Hey Jules! Edward! I thought you guys were, like, kidnapped or something."

           Anne walks through the door, her face red with embarrassment. She grabs Robert's arm and tugs it back a little, like she doesn't know what to do. "I'm sorry," she says loudly. "He's just like this 'cause he had a lot of sugar."

           Robert stands proudly. "I'm like this because I was raised this way. Anyway," he clears his throat, "I'm here to rescue you."

           I groan and Edward cringes. "This is really bad," I whisper.

           I get off the desk I was sitting on and walk towards Robert and Anne. I grab Anne's wrist, who in turn grabs Robert's hand and begin pulling us outside of the station. Before leaving, I turn around and thank the officers, and they just wave back.

           Edward grabs his siblings and we all walk out, Robert glaring at the officers.

           Finally, as we make our way to the cars (which are parked two blocks down) I say it. "Where is she?"

           Anne shrugs.

           Robert's jaw clenches.

           Edward sighs.

           Silas and Eva turn to each other again, like they're brain's can communicate without words. They turn to me and Eva says, "If Randy took anyone, I know where they are. Maybe. It's possible."

           Little Silas nods his head in agreement.

            The team and I look at each other in question, and then climb into our cars. Edward takes his siblings home, and Robert, Anne, and I drive to the woods, where we'll wait for Edward.

           The car is silent the whole way.

>>><<<

           Edward shows up and we take a seat by the lake, then begin to discuss where we're going. He says Eva told him about an abandoned building a few miles away, on the outskirts of town.

          "Then lets go!" Robert says, as he shoots up.

          Anne stands up, too, but she seems a bit more hesitant than Robert. I also stand, but Edward stays down a little longer, until he gives in with a sigh. "Fine. But it's unsafe. We should go in armed."

           In response, I light up my hands, careful not to burn the newly borrowed shirt.

           Edward smirks and says, "Oh yeah."