27: Fire~Epilogue

Juliette: Three Months Later

           Robert was dead.

           He had been for the past three months.

           Randy was dead, too, along with Freeze. Randy's death, of course, had been justified by the law, which made it easier to swallow. His execution via lethal injection took place two months after Air's death.

           Metal is in jail, for life, with no possibility of parole after he admitted to killing his step-father, along with several civilians.

           Velocity is in jail, too, but will be released in two to five years, for conspiracy.

           And as I sit on the rooftop of our city's tallest building (a library, believe it or not), watching the sun lower behind an apartment complex, I find myself wishing she were out here, in the open, helping the Team find other Supers.

           Afterall, she wasn't really the enemy. She was simply being mislead.

           I sigh as I feel footsteps behind me. When I turn, I see Edward, in a tux, with sweat on his forehead.

          "Yeah?"

           "Robbery, downtown," he informs me.

           With a smile, I say, "Well, shall we?"

           He nods, a grin of his own forming. As we jump down to the fire escape and zoom off the stairs, he says, "But we better hurry. I have a date with Ruby tonight."

           I snort. "That explains the getup."

           We jump in his car and I ask where Anne is.

           He smiles a little as the engine roars on. "Well, it's Wednesday. Her and Ms. Gordon visit Robert's grave on Wednesday."

           I stay quiet after that.

           We arrive at National Bank, and hear the shrill bell.

           Inside, four men stand with guns pointed to the ceiling, occasionally aiming them at the people cowering on the floor, as one man loads money into a bag.

           Edward kicks down the door, looks at me and smiles. "After you."

           I spark my hands up and grin.

           "Why thank you."

     )  )  (  (  (
     (   (    )  (  )