Chapter 2 - Good Morning

You blinked your eyes, sunlight streaming past your curtains, which billowed about in the crisp fall breeze from an open window.

You bolted up right, staring confused at the window you never opened. You scrunched your face up, still confused. Swinging your legs out from under the covers, you set your feet down on the cold floor. Trudging out of your room, you shuffled downstairs, only to be greeted by the mask of the same intruder.

You let out a small scream, quickly covering your mouth. The male sat on the couch in your home's family room, with his mask pushed up just to the top of his lips, revealing very pale, almost sick-looking skin and teeth that belonged in a carnivorous creature. Said teeth nibbled on a kidney held in his hands. How he ate was much like a hamster eating a cracker.

Upon hearing your yelp, he stopped nibbling and turned to face you.

You stalked over to the room, folding your arms over your chest.

"What are you doing here?!" You asked, clearly annoyed about his presence.

He shrugged, and responded, voice slightly gravel-like, most likely from disuse. "It's safe."

"So?! You can't just show up in my house! What happens if you're here when my parents walk in? Who knows how that'll turn out?!"

He shrugged again. "Can I eat them?" He asked, almost innocently.

"NO!" You snapped, throwing a pillow at him, making him snicker as he went back to eating.

Once again, an awkward silence descended, but not as bad as the first time you encountered him.

After he finished, he pulled his mask back down, then stood up, stretched and walked over to you.

"Don't be surprised if I show up again. After all, it's safe and calmer than the Mansion."

He had walked upstairs, you following behind him.

"And I have a name. Jack."

"Um, (f/n)..." You responded, unsure about giving your name to a cannibalistic murderer.

Perching on your window sill, he turned his head. "Oh, and by the way. Others might show up." He remarked, the jumped out of you window and hit the ground.

By the time you got over your shock and to the window, he was almost to the end of your block. "What do you mean, others?!? Jack? Jack?!?!" You screamed after him, even though you were pretty sure he couldn't hear you. But you swore you heard a light chuckle floating back to your window.