Chapter 10 - Return

At school about three days later, people in the hallways grouped together and parted as you walked by, whispering amongst themselves. In class, everyone would sneak glances at you, still whispering. In your second class of the day, your friend who originally told you about Jeff being caught, slammed their hands down on your desk, making you jump and look up.

"What the hell did you do, (f/n)?!?! You helped a murderer?! What would even possess you to do that?!"

You put your head back down and rolled it to the side, glancing up at them.

"I have my reasons."

"Like what?!"

"I owed him. He saved my life. I saved his. Fair's fair."

"He did not."

"He did." You told them about the incident during the museum field trip, in the back alleyway.

"That's bullshit. Why would he do that, following you?"

"Because Jack told him to. Besides, if I didn't get him off death row, I'd feel bad, plus the rest of his... Friends, who knows what they would do."
"What do you mean, friends?"

"The others. You know, like Eyeless Jack, BEN Drowned or Slenderman."

"You know more than just Jeff the Killer?!"

"Yes. Yes I do." You replied, closing you binder and sliding in into your bag, zipping it shut. By this time, the class was listening to your conversation, eyes barely blinking as they watched.

"What the hell (f/n)?! How did this happen?"

"A slight misunderstanding and Mac'n'cheese. Good bye." You swung you bag up, slipping your arms through the straps and walking out of the class. You were fed up with what was going on, plus nothing important was going on that class, it was just a review period. You could do that at home. You unlocked the door, the house quiet except for the TV. Your father was at work and your mother still out with the rest of her family on the farm.

So far, no one has returned, so you were alone yesterday and the day before. Today, however, a young teen sat in a chair, legs crossed and feverishly attacking a game controller's buttons, watching the screen intently. He blew a short puff of air upwards, which moved some of his brown hair out of his face and off his glasses.

"Um, hello?" You asked, standing at the front of the room. The kid screamed loudly, much like a scared young child, and hit the start button to pause the game.

"Oh! Um, I'm sorry, you startled me..." He said, voice meek.

"Who are you? I feel like I know you..."

"I go to your school. Well, I used to, anyways. I'm James. Um, Slender told Sebastian and I to watch the house while they were away, in case someone tried something. Seb's in the kitchen."

"Oh, okay, um... How do you know Slender, if you don't mind me asking."

He wrung his hands, clearly nervous. "I, ah... I kinda... Sorta... Killed Tiff... And I freaked out and ran and He found me." His voice got quieter as he spoke.

You blinked. Tiff, or Tiffany, one of the popular girls with a habit of jumping from guy to guy. You had heard about her being killed almost a year ago, they found her heart cut out and pinned to her sleeve and the words "Be Faithful" carved on her skin.

You heard the fridge door slam shut and someone walking out of the kitchen.

"Damn, dunno why there's no energy drinks in there. Really should get some." The male commented. Tall with somewhat tanned skin, he wore what was once a white tank top and now tinted blue, along with faded blue jeans and god knows how many chains. His chain belt had multiple, smaller chains hanging off it. A few more were looped over his shoulder and a pair of aviator sunglasses sat on top of his head. In his arms was a pile of food, ranging from leftover pasta to potato chips along with bottles of pop.