Chapter 4 - Adjustments

Three days later

You've gotten a bit more used to having various murderers showing up in your house at random, and so far, nothing too bad has happened. Keyword being too.

Jeff, when trying to take a shower, somehow managed to rip the curtain rod out of the wall, then walked downstairs, dripping wet and lower half wrapped in a towel, holding the rod and curtain with zero idea of what to do. You ended up having to go to the local hardware store to get some really strong epoxy glue to fix it.

Jeff was subsequently banned from touching the shower curtain. Well, any curtains, for that matter.

BEN broke the microwave. No one's sure how. The current theory involves a can of soup and pressing the wrong button.

Jack tracked blood on the only pale-colored carpet in the entire house.

Smile.Dog broke a window trying to get away from Jeff, who was trying to give his canine pal a bath.

You've met multiple others, including two of Slender's brothers, Splendor and Trender. Apparently, they've banned the one called Sexual Offender from coming near this town.

Splendor is almost always happy, and the other killers don't seem to care too much for it. Trender, on the other hand, is a hipster and no one will convince you otherwise.

You also met Masky and Hoodie, two of Slender's proxies. Both of them have an extreme fondness for cheesecake, so you bought them each one. This has earned you two loving followers, much to your bemused annoyance and the humor of everyone else that was present.

Apparently, unknown to most people, is the city is divided into zones, with different groups of 'Creepypastas' controlling the land in each, much like gangs.

(Apparently, no one is sure why they're called Creepypasta.)

The east end of the city, where you lived, belonged to Slender's crew, while the abandoned fair grounds and old railway station was controlled by the clowns, who very rarely left the area. The west end was prowled by a currently unknown group, as no one has seen what is behind the back-alley attacks and no one is willing to find out. Lastly, the downtown core is under the thumb of Zalgo's pack, Slender's biggest rival and as such, they have turf wars quiet often; the clowns are considered neutral as they haven't aided or sided with anyone.

Zalgo's pack consisted of the Rake, B.O.B, Jane the killer and a multitude of others.

(According to Jack, its a love-hate relationship between Jane and Jeff. They love to hate the other. Mainly because she used to be part of Slender's crew but left because Jeff kept upstaging her, as well as a few other incidents.)

Slender's crew involved the murders you currently have sitting around in your house plus three others.

A hatchet-wielder named Toby, who was currently 'on loan' (if you can put it that way) to another group in the Canadian Rockies.

Slender's brother, Offender, who's not allowed to set foot on the property unless its something that could expose all of them. Even then, he's to meet Slender at the door.

The last one you met when you walked in to the smell of waffles, as well as what smelled like burning meat.

School was let out early due to a power outage, courtesy of BEN, allowing you to miss a massive physics test which you hadn't studied for. (Because of someone breaking the shower curtain.)

You dropped you bag in its spot next to the front door, responding to the greetings from the tv room where some were watching TV or sharpening knives.

As you turned to hang your coat up, you noticed a pair of combat boots kicked into the corner, along with a black satchel, underneath the hook you use for your coat. On the hook was a grey hoodie and a camouflage green gasmask with tinted lenses.

You looked at the objects strangely, before reaching out to move the gas mask.

"Don't touch her mask!!" BEN and Jack screamed at you, your hand stopping on it.

You were about to ask why when a female walked out from the kitchen, wearing baggy dark grey jeans, with a webbing belt and a black t-shirt. A red bandanna was tied loosely around her neck. She glared at you from underneath short, choppy brown hair.

Stalking towards you, she looked you up and down before slipping a vial out of her pocket.

"Morana. Do not kill her, she did not know. This is her house." Slender spoke calmly. She popped the rubber cap off the glass tube.

BEN snuck up behind he and snatched it out of her hand. As soon as he did, she spun around and clocked him right in the face, taking the chemical vial back and replacing its lid before slipping it back in her pocket. She stalked back into the kitchen, as BEN rubbed at his nose.

"Morana's really touchy lately. Almost got caught on the job a short while ago, and she really doesn't like people touching her gear. Just how she is." Jack explained.

"So, short temper and anti-social?" You guessed.

"Yeah. Damn, can your roommate ever throw a punch, Jack." BEN commented, walking back in with a bag of ice cubes held over his nose.

"Roommate?" You questioned.

Jack nodded. "Because the manor is really old and Slendy's kinda cheap, lots of the rooms aren't fit to live in, so some double up, while others get their own room. I'm stuck with Morana, mostly because we'll team up sometimes."

Jeff snorted. "Plus you like, never talk when you're out on a kill or on base. I'll never understand why you talk so much elsewhere. I'm lucky I get my own room."

"Jeff, that's because no one wants to be near you. Have you heard him snore? I swear, it's louder than his screams." BEN snickered.

"OI!" Jeff screeched, throwing his knife across the room, aiming for BEN. Ben dropped like a stone and the knife firmly embedded itself in the wall behind you.

You sighed. "I'll go get the spackle..."

While you may adapt rapidly, there's a lot to become adjusted to now.