Bonus Chapter - Origins

"So, how did all of you become, well, you?"

"You mean, how did we become proxies or similar?" BEN asked, trying to clarify your question, eliciting a nod from you.

"Well, I don't know about those idiots, but I'm actually Link."

"Tell 'em the truth, BEN." Jeff snapped at him. "We all know that's bull, you try it on every newbie."

"Fiiinnneee..." BEN sighed dramatically. "Got drowned, like the name implies, by my idiot father because I went to a convention and stayed a bit later than planned."

"That seems kinda excessive..." You commented. "What about you Jeff?"

He scoffed. "If that internet story is to be believed, I apparently killed a bully in self defense, my brother took the blame, crap happened, I snapped and killed my family."

"And?"

"And, that's basically what happened."

You nodded at his response, wondering how he felt about what he did.

"What about you Jack? How did you become, well, a cannibalistic surgeon?"

"Medical student, got a bit too curious about stuff going on the local forest, ended up crashing a demonic cult's ritual. Almost got sacrificed, they weren't able to finish. So I'm whatever I am now."

"How about Masky and Hoodie?" You asked the group.

"Wrong place, wrong time, really." Hoodie responded.

"Not much to tell, other than that." Masky added.

"James I kind of know. What about, um, the tall guy..." Your sentence trailed off when you realized you didn't remember the name of the chain-wearer.

"Name's Sebastian. I don't even really know, don't remember too much. Basically, I strangled someone Mora was supposed to kill, she got ticked, dragged me out and to the forest, love at first sight and we-" Morana cuffed him in the head, scowling at him.

"Alright, alright, she got pissed and took me to Slender who ended up recruiting me." He smiled sheepishly. "Worth a shot."

"No it wasn't." She growled at him.

You gestured at Smile.Dog, who was asleep on the couch, all fours in the air and his tongue lolled out of his mouth.

"No one really knows, he just kind of showed up. Apparently he terrorized some old lady and something happened, we have no idea." Jeff remarked, the others nodding in agreement.

"Yo, Razorback. How'd a punk like you end up in your line of work?" BEN asked.

She leaned back in her chair, kicking her feet up on the footrest. "Long story short, my friend's dad was abusive to her, I crashed his party, he almost killed me, slashed me multiple times, got some nice scars from that." She pulled the coller of her shirt down, revealing a clean scar just below her coller bones, one of many. "Anyways, I killed him, almost bled out, Walker found me, offered me a chance, I took it. Badabing badaboom, look where I am now."

The group looked at Third Eye, who was perched much like a watchful hawk on the back of the couch.

"She doesn't talk to anyone but me, no idea why. So she ain't tellin' you shit. Look, I don't even know how she got involved, she won't tell me and Walker won't either. All I know is she likes stalking and freaking people out and she was with Walker before I was." Razorback explained, keeping a wary eye on her friend.

A chirp-like laugh echoed forth from Third Eye's throat. In response to the sound, Kenley shoved her colleague, scowling, which caused her to almost fall off the couch. She quickly regained her balance and moved just out of reach of Kenley's arm plus a straight razor, and laughed again.

"Oh come on, that's not playing fair!" The punk complained.

Another short laugh, and Third Eye fell silent once more.

Kenley gestured with her head at Morana. "How did you of all people end up workin' for Slender of all demons?"

"I don't want to talk about it." The brunette female grumbled.

"All we really know is she killed both her drug-abusing mother and her older sister a year or so after her older brother's suicide and she left home. No idea why she killed them or how she ended up here. She's from Western Canada. She doesn't really talk much about her personal life." James explained, his voice somewhat quieter than usual, perhaps a touch scared of Morana and her disposition towards violence.

"I think that's everyone, really." Jeff remarked, looking around the room.

"Nu-uh." Kenley disagreed. "How did you get involved in this, (f/n)?"

"Me? I was up late and wanted food, home alone, Jack broke in but I saw him. We kinda had an awkward stare-off and I ended up giving him directions to organs and made him Mac'n'cheese. Then he showed up the next day, and then the rest of you showed up one by one."

"And that's the story of if you feed mass murderers, they end up staying and you end up running a safe house. Good night, kids! Don't let the cannibal bite!" BEN quipped, getting laughter from all in response.

"I don't bite... I just take organs..." Jack mumbled, insulted.