Chapter 9 - Jail Break

"Is everyone here?"

A chorus of murmurs broke out, everyone signalling they were present. Crouched in the forest's edge, the group looked on at the supposed secret medical facility, the dark night sky overheard.

"Dude, how that's supposed to be a secret building is beyond me. Its huge..." BEN commented, eyeing up the massive guard towers with the sweeping search lights and the guards circling the facility.

"I'm going to go with secret military base or something like that. That can not be just a medical lab. Its got too much barbed wire and those guns are way too powerful." Jack commented, eyeing up the firearms the guards carried. A guard turned the corner, crossing in front of their hiding place.

"Allow me." Skinwalker said, standing up from her crouched stance and stretched to her full height. Rolling her joints to crack out the stiffness, she backed up two paces and rushed forwards at the guard, slamming him on the ground, quickly skinning him. Throwing the corpse into the woods, she donned his skin, smoothing out the fabric of his uniform. Another guard rounded the corner, and approached, talking in unheard voices. Suddenly, Skinwalker spun and grabbed the guard in a headlock, which caused him to drop his rifle out of surprise. Quickly dispatching him, she signalled for the others to come out and follow her.

At the doors to the compound, those waiting picked off any guards who wondered upon the group, effectively thinning the numbers.

"Ya know, it'd be great if you could stick to the schedule." Razorback tapped her foot impatiently, arms crossed and the weapons that were her namesake in hand.

"Be great if you could shut up." Break Away's voice was muffled by her gas mask, her gloved fingers laying the chemical explosives delicately. She backed up quickly, the others following. The general rule seemed to be if Morana was running from chemicals, then it was most likely in your best interests to follow suit.

Seconds later, the explosion sounded, blasting the heavy metal door off its hinges and sending shrapnel into the compound. The group ran forwards, Smile.Dog barking loudly. The group of murders fought their way through the guards, Razorback complaining the entire time about how she couldn't take the time to enjoy a kill. Running to the main building, the doors were quickly opened and more guards came out to defend the compound, individual fights and fires breaking out. Morana pulled a Moltov cocktail from her bag, and lit it with a small lighter, waiting till the small flame spread to more of the rag before whipping it at a gas can near a vehicle. The glass shattered, a fiery ball enveloping the gas can, which soon exploded due to the heat. Shards of the metal struck the building, the vehicle and an unlucky guard who found it embedded in his thigh. Fire clung to the vehicle, merrily burning away at the engine, as the hood was open, most likely for maintenance.

Once the group got in the doors, they ran into a small office space, where dozens of monitors, both television and computer, coated the walls.

BEN's natural habitat.

"How long will it take to shut down the security cameras and discover where Jeffrey is being held?" Slender asked BEN, the others looking on and defending the small room as BEN poked around the electronics.A minute or so later, he grinned.

"Not long at all." He said, pointing up at one monitor that still held a fuzzy black and white image of a teenage male, in only a pair of black pants, strapped to a table.

"Jeff's there." BEN shut the final camera off, and looked through the computer for a floor plan of the building. Pulling it up, he quickly located where they were hunkered down, and then the floor Jeff was held on.
"Three floors down, checkpoints at each level, scanners, shutter doors, the works. Let's shut 'em down." BEN's fingers tapped away at the keys, selecting the command codes to shut down the equipment controlled by the security room's computers. Alarms screeched and Third Eye pulled a pair of ear plugs from her pocket, making a noise of displeasure as she shot one guard in the head as he ran at the group and plunging a small knife into the throat of another who snuck up on her left. Razorback seemed to be enjoying herself immensely, taking her sweet time in dragging the razor's edge across the exposed skin on a guard she held pinned to the floor. No one was exactly willing to intervene and end the guard's pain and torture, because they remembered what happened the last time someone came between Kenley and a slow kill.