Reincarnation

"I-it's a girl," the maid announced.

"A girl?" the mother said in a soft tone, smiling softly, reaching her hands out to take the baby. The woman was around her late twenties, though she looked like she was only in her mid twenties. Her hair was an unbelievable shade of sky blue, and her eyes were a beautiful hue of blue. She looked liked she stepped out of a painting; even the struggles of childbirth did nothing to lessen her beauty; her smile could lift the spirits of anyone, male or female.

"Ah she's beautiful. I hope that she lives up to my expectations," she said in the same soft tone, though this time there was something in her eyes. Well, if someone were that beautiful, there was bound to be some drawbacks, right? Thankfully, this one just came in the form of a barbed tongue.

Baby's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, only to be met with eyes filled with love and warmth. Was it just me or did I see some killing intent mixed in as well? W-wait a moment, don't tell me, I've been reincarnated?!! Hmm, I wonder which world I've been reincarnated to. I hope that this world has magick or something like that.

"Luna Rei Everstone," my mother said softly. Luna Rei Everstone, that's a nice name. Luna Rei Everstone, Rei Everstone. Wait a moment—Rei Everstone! WHAT THE HELL! Are the Gods playing a prank on me?! If I met the God that reincarnated me, I would beat him up so badly that even his mother wouldn't be able to recognize him! Curse you, curse your wife, curse your parents, curse your daughters and curse your ancestors! Of all games, you had to reincarnate me into the most complicated one of all! Curse you all! To think that I would ever be reincarnated into the game [Eien no ai], and as the villain of all things. Wait, I thought that the villain was a guy, so why was I still a female; not that I didn't mind at all, you know....

Third Person's POV

At the moment, Luna was pressed against the mother's shoulder, so the mother had no way of knowing what expressions she was making. Which was good, considering that if she saw the annoyance and fury in her daughter's eyes, she would be scared to death. At this age, the infant shouldn't know anything about anything negative at all.

___________________

To clear some things up for the upcoming chapters

[Eien no ai]= Forever my love

An otome game, a very complicated one at that.

[Eien no ai] is part of a set of five total otome games. Basically, this is a world that is based on medieval times, except there is a slight twist. Only the males can use magick, and the females also can't use weapons for some odd reason (but its not that hard to practice in secret, or dress as a boy and learn that way).

So, the moment a girl is born, more likely than not (especially if it's a noble lady), she would be engaged to another noble, or would be assigned a guard to protect her at all cost, even if it was a cost of their life. Though the guard is often the same person as her spouse.

The heroine would be the only female that could use magick, which would trigger a lot of events, (makes me wonder why she didn't just cross-dress as a guy or something). As the only female that could use magick, a lot of powerful young men would obviously be attracted to her, and of course she had to be a commoner as well.

The villainess (yes there is only one), or rather the villain in the game, was jealous of the heroine. For multiple reasons, as some of you know (if not, then now you do) the villain is a cross-dresser, though not many people knew that, instead they thought that she was gay. To discover this, the player would have to fail every single route (which no one would do on purpose, so no one discovered it). She was jealous that the heroine could do the one thing that she couldn't—dress as her true self, as a girl—but her parents wouldn't allow her as it would endanger her. Plus, she had a very small affinity with magick. So she started to bully the heroine; doesn't matter which route you go to, she would still be there to bully the heroine. She was also arrogant since her parents doted on her, and many people praised her when she was young.

The capture targets already hated her because of her arrogance and unpredictable mood-swings. So when they figured out that she was bullying the heroine, they either banished her or imprisoned her. If they did imprison her, she would escape and flee the country. Which wasn't surprising; although she was impulsive, she was extremely smart. If only she used it for something better and thought before she acted (being in a dungeon gives you a lot of time to think, you know).