Apparently I'm a boy now

......Damn those rich parents. It seemed as though I wasn't allowed to get out of this room. The only people I saw were my parents. Why? Because they wanted this to be a surprise. They were all idiots. Today, my parents gave me a crystal ball, yay, you could just hear the sarcasm.

The first thing I did with the crystal ball, you ask? I shattered it to a million pieces of course. What kind of parent would give their child a glass ball? Oh wait, my parents that's who. Why would they do it? Maybe a magical thing called plot made them do it.

Well, apparently it was a mana measuring crystal ball, and it seems like I had a very large mana quantity, which was why the crystal ball shattered. I thought it was just my anger; I guess not.

Anyway, my parents had that hilarious, stupefied look on their faces, which was worth the many paper cuts I got along my hands. After that though, they looked really worried.

Actually no, scratch that, the cuts friggin hurts. It was not worth the look on their faces.

"It can't be. You sure she's a girl?" my father asked.

"You think I don't know my own child's gender?" mother snapped at him with that soft tone that just didn't match up.

Plus they had an odd way of saying girl, and gender, as if those weren't the words they wanted to use.

"Then how can she use magick? If the king finds out about this-"

"If anyone finds out about this, our child would be in grave danger."

"Whatdowedowhatdowedowhatdowedo-"

"There's no choice. We're going to have to make her into a boy," mother replied calmly.

"You can change a child's gender?!"

"No, you idiot! She's just going to pretend to be a boy," she said it with such a gentle smile.

"I see."

'Hey, I'm hurt over here. Are you blind or what?'

Time skip
I was dressed elaborately in a tuxedo. Really, people; I'm still a child, you know? Although it might be good that I have to pretend to be a boy now, I saw the disappointment in my mother's eyes and the longing look she had when she looked at the now useless dresses.

"Today we present our newborn son, Rei Everstone," my father announced to the whole crowd of nobles. Many of which who smiled, fake or not. Father, I understand why you want to show me off, but really, isn't this a little too much? As a father you should know that I don't really like people, right?

**********************************************

Well, the party was very boring, let me tell you that. Just a bunch of nobles congratulating my parents, and saying such flowery words that my mother started whispering, er how do you say it? Displeasing words when they were out of earshot, though she said it with a smile that more or less made up for it. It went something along the lines of thank me by throwing yourself of the cliff, I would be very thankful then. I truly love my mother, and my father changed my impression of him by replying wouldn't that be a beautiful sight to see or something like that whilst staring dotingly at mother. I pretended not to notice, but it was hard not to seeing that when mother was cradling me which gave me full view of both of them.

Mother, father, I think everyone here knows that you love each other, so please get a room, but make sure I get a completely different room, out of earshot, I would like to sleep, thank you very much.