The legend

It had just been two days since the heroine arrived, to say that Rei was annoyed was an understatement. It was even harder for 'him' to hide from them.

'He' looked up towards the ever growing branches of the mother tree.

"Nothing for now....I better head to school before I'm late," 'he' muttered under 'his' breath. 'He' lightly touched the trunk of the tree and imagined the oak tree near the school grounds. 'He' felt the rushing moist sensation and that slight pressure around 'his' body before popping out of the oak tree.

'He' stared at the tree for a moment, 'he' could never understand how it worked. 'He' started to walk towards the school, going rather slow since 'he' wasn't exactly excited for it.

'He' entered the school grounds, many students turned to look at him. Some with hate in their eyes, some with judging gazes, 'he' ignored them all. 'He' didn't care what they thought as long as it didn't interfere with anything 'he' did.

'He' entered the half-filled classroom with ten minutes to spare. 'He' enjoyed the few moments of peace 'he' had before they came. He placed his chin on the palm of his hand, elbow on his left hand and stared into space. 'He' heard Kyle take the seat next to him as he did everyday. Rei didn't mind Kyle as much as he was rather shy and didn't talk much.

They both sat there in silence, it wasn't complete silence of course. With the chattering of students in the background and the sound of pencil on paper. To Rei, the sounds of scribbling was very pleasant to the ears. 'He' was just about to ask Kyle what he was drawing when 'he' heard him say, "don't move" in the soft quiet voice that he had.

Ten minutes flew by quickly, not a sound exited any of their mouths. It was while drawing that Kyle noticed how feminine 'he' was. With long eyelashes, nice lips......he shook his head to clear the thoughts that were trying to invade. They just met two days ago, plus.....

Ten minutes flew by quickly and it wasn't long before the classroom filled up. There was a slight change though, but it was enough to cause gasps of surprise and much giggling.

"Rider actually came to class!"

"I can't believe it-"

"He actually came to class! It's been around a week!"

"He's so cool-"

Rei's eyes twitched in annoyance and did 'his' best to keep it from showing.

"So your the new guy," a rather tall boy with glasses said with a look of contempt in his eyes. Rei nodded slightly.

"Don't get in my way," was all he said before walking towards his desk. The students that were waiting for a reaction were sorely disappointed since Rei's facial expression stayed the same throughout the very short exchange.

"Sorry," Kyle whispered in embarrassment at his friend's coldness, "it's not you, he's like that to everyone."

"It's all right," Rei said, waving it of, "though I'd rather that you not say sorry in place of your friend. It wasn't your fault and doesn't change much. Though that is my opinion, what you wish to do is up to you."

'He' saw Kyle's eyes brighten slightly and stood up, "thank you," he said bowing slightly before rushing towards his friend.

It was then of course that the heroine and the guys came in, it was a good thing that they came in after that small scene, who knows what sort of grudges and problems they would create in the future.

Rei looked at them, wondering what happened before remembering that there was a 'special event' that probably happened a few minutes ago. Though 'he' couldn't quite remember what it was, 'he' shrugged it off. 'He' would probably remember it later.

(I'm switching to I now if you don't mind)

This time they were careful not to show their affection to me. I'm going to have to do something to make them continue thinking I'm a guy. I'm pretty sure they already found out..... afterall they weren't the gay characters in this otome. At least I'm pretty sure they aren't.

(*glares at anyone who is one of those against gay couples or lesbians*
No one is right? right? RIGHT?)

Though it is still a problem...I'm sure I'll think of something.....later. Besides, it's useless to panic over it, it'll usually make things worse than needed be. As I was thinking it over, the teacher suddenly called on me.

"Rei would you like to tell me why females can't use magick?" the teacher asked, which snapped me out of my thoughts.

I gave him a stiff smile, "if I were to answer that, then perhaps you could answer why Ms. Adeline can use magick?"

She returned the smile, "I'll answer it if you answer my question first Mr. Everstone."

I racked my brain for something..... it was usually some random girl doing some random thing which made people angry and ever since then their power was taken. Though I suspected that it wasn't the case this time. The tutors never taught me this...now that I think of it, I wonder why.

Though she said that we can't use it... she never said that we didn't have it. Perhaps it had something to do with that? This is why I disliked history, there was simply to much of it and most of it was irrelevant as it rarely did anything to help us.

"If I'm correct, it was blocked by another woman who was jealous of how powerful one of them became and sought a wizard to place a curse on them so that that person can't use her magick anymore. Of course something happened that affected all of the females, causing there powers to be blocked."

"You are correct, would you like to tell me what their names were?" she said with a look of astonishment. I could see most of my classmates leaning closer, it was obvious that they had never heard about this before.

"I'm sorry, but it seems like I have forgotten. Perhaps someone else knows of their name?" thankfully my wild guess was correct.

"Their names were Noct and Imera, they were sisters," Rider said with a bored look on his face, but his eyes held amused look. The girls immediately started praising about how smart he was. Some of the boys looked at him with idolization.

Their names meant night and day, there was something about that. I'm forgetting something important, something very important.

The teacher didn't call on me anymore, and the time went by quickly with me deep in thought.

"That was a lucky guess back there," a voice called out, breaking me out of my thoughts for what seemed to be the tenth time that day. I turned to look who it was only to see Rider standing his arms crossed on his chest.

"What made you come to the conclusion that it was a guess?" I asked Rider with a polite smile. I could feel the eyes of the others boring into both of us. I pretended not to sense it and so did he.

"Because your an idiot," he replied before walking away. I sighed, I wish the heroine the greatest of luck. Speaking of, Adeline seems to be glaring daggers at me. Ah, I'm pretty sure she thinks of me as male, so please stop glaring at me less I think otherwise. Too many people know already, it's a good thing that today's Ventus, day of wind, also known back on earth as Friday. I simply couldn't wait till the school day so that I can go to the mother tree for some answers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's not
.....I was going to use the Latin version of day.....but the Latin version of day was dies

Oh, and if anyone reading this is named Adeline I don't mean anything. I'm sure your 10 times nicer. Same goes with anyone who has the same name as someone you dislike in this story.