Chapter 2

Author: This chapter is mostly speech.

It was somewhat late in the afternoon when they finally woke up. Until Lyre woke up to be more exact, Raven had been awake since sunrise.

(I shall refer to Rei as Lyre from now own, confusing right?)

Since they slept in their day clothes, it didn't take long for them to get ready. Unhygienic, but it works.

Lyre tied the cloth around his face before leaving.

"Why are you wearing that thing anyways?" Raven asked him as they left.

"I don't want to be mistaken as your wife," Lyre replied.

"Good point, though you should just get one of those concealers."

"Not everyone can be fooled by those. Besides I don't look suspicious, do I?"

"Nah, you just look like you murdered someone and 's trying to get away with it."

"What do you mean trying? I did get away with it."

".....I forgot about that. Anyways, did you hear about the Everstone family? I heard that they just disappeared into thin air. Like theri mansion and servants just disappeared overnight. Of course, their adopted son and that knight were left behind. Dunno what's gonna happen to them, maybe they'll be demoted or something. Either way the kings on edge, plus with dark miasma rising and the unrest its causing, damn am I glad I'm not a king. Also- Hey where are you going? I haven't even finished yet!"

"Yeah well, at this rate you'll never finish," Lyre said, rushing down the stairs. Through loud dining room and into the even louder crowd outside. 

"Aren't you even a little curious to what I have to say, I mean the Everstone family is your family too," he said porpusly, showing that he knew where he came from. 

"When did you figure out?" Lyre asked nonchalantly. 

"I have my ways," Raven responded, "you're not gonna make me bow before killing me of, are you?"

"As you said, you have your ways."*

(*meaning that the cons out weights the pros. If you haven't guessed, Raven isn't your average theif)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Raven."

They both were walking down a worn road, standing out because of their seemingly underpreparedness. While many had carriages, horses, or just had backpacks. They had nothing except the clothes on their backs. The first thought that people had was that they were robbed, but their expressions said otherwise.

"What?" Raven asked. He had learned quite a lot about him in the first few hours that they spent. Like the fact that he didn't need to eat. 

"I'm freakin bored."

"Good for you."

"Hey kids!" Lyre shouted, successfully attracting the attention of the family. However, they only looked our direction before going faster than before.

"Why are people so rude these days?" Lyre grumbled.

"Well you look like a robber."

"Says the thief."

"What were you gonna tell them anyways?" Raven asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Just a simple story."

"What's the story about?"

"Sexual harassment."

"What's that?"

"Fancy word for molesting."

"You were gonna tell that to a kid?"

"Two kids."

??? POV
"I need information," a woman said with the faintest accent, "about the archer." She slid a single gold coin across the table.

"What would you like to know?" a voice answered, taking the coin.

"Where can I find him?"

"Too hard of a question."

The woman flashed another gold coin.

"He's a wanderer. You'll find him with the Raven."

"The Raven?"

The man looked at the coin, his meaning obvious. She tossed it to him.

"Most informed individual, wanderer. Their base used to be here."

She sighed before tossing two coins. Finally satisfied, he started spouting all he knew.

----------------------------------------------------------------

(I'm totally not just adding words)

"Did you hear? The Klystern fief was taken over."

"Really? What's the king gonna do about it?"

"Hah, the old king's to busy looking for the Everstone family. Or at least anyone related to them anyways."

"Didn't their son get exiled for attempted assassination against the king?"

"You seriously believe that?"

"No, as fair as the king was. Fair is different from kind. To think that any of the Everstone family would try to kill the king is almost unthinkable."

"Except for that adopted kid."

"Heard that he was demoted to a commoner."

"Deserves it, that power hungry kid."

"What about the demons in the north?"

"It's just a few signs, they probably won't rise until a few hundred years later."

"Probably, though the King is pretty worried about it."

"The King's worried about everything."