Things that come with nobility

Killer7436 made me feel guilty, so here I am with another chapter......there's too much going on......................
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
It has been a long time since the capture targets have bothered me, other than Rider and Kyle that is. Though calling us friends is already stretching it. It's best to not make any friends since it wont be long before I leave.

There were a few that still wouldn't let go of the rumors (about her bullying Fay), and I'm sure that there's a hidden  threat. The foolish girls from before most likely wont find anything to prove that I harmed Fay, but it would be a completely different matter if an outsider helped.

The competition is in a few weeks,  and after that is another competiton......and after that.... my exilatition. In a way I'm happy that things will turn out that way. Being a noble, believe it or not was hard, perhaps even harder than being a commoner. In no way do I want to inherit the title of duke, or duchess. 

First of all, you can't exactly marry who you want. If you loved a servant then you'd have to elope to put it simply. A marriage that started with love was hard to find, and if it did there were most likely many jealous people wiling to kill you.

Another was that you had to be on guard at every moment. Many people want to assassinate or kidnap  you for various things. Adding to the fact of being framed, depending on what you supposedly did it could range from time in prison, exilation, or beheading. Hopefully I'd only be exiled, if not I'm willing to be a criminal if it meant I could keep my life. 

Then there was ambition. Even if you did nothing, if you were in the way of someones rise of power, you would end up dead. Life as a noble was mentally taxing, with all the hidden plots and schemes. 

Perhaps the fourth reason, the hardest of all is that commoners don't see you as human. If there was drought and you didn't do anything, you were evil and had bad luck. Therefor deserved to die. If you were so kind and all that you still deserved to die because you weren't harsh enough or for whatever idiotic reason. Another was if you were sick, they might reprimand you as well. 

Basically you had to be perfect, even then they could find problems with you. I suppose the reason why most nobles look handsome or beautiful is that people were susceptible to beauty and so they'd be more forgiving and lenient. But if you were ugly they'd find even more faults. 

Life as a noble was stressful and tiring. Life as a tyrant was much more easier, but there was a much bigger chance of dying. In a way I was glad that I would be exiled, though that meant giving up the 'safety' of being a noble. Safety as in not having to battle any of the beasts. But I suppose I can just stay in my sanctuary and wait till the storm blows over. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Prince
On the surface, the royal family was harmonious. But in truth the battle to the throne is getting much more intense. 

I suppose it wasn't that bad since there's only three princes. Me and my two older brothers, and I honestly I'm just watching the show. I'll wait till they tire themselves out till I make action. But now things are much more complicated since I have someone I have to shield. 

"A-Amir?" a female voice sounded out. 

I smiled slightly, there weren't many who dared call me out without any formalities. And it took quite a bit of coaxing to finally stop calling me Prince. I wasn't sure when she wormed her way into my heart. Though she was just a commoner, she was different. She wasn't clueless in the least and knew quite a bit of etiquette. Her looks surpassed many others, and she also had light magick. Though what made me interested in her was the look in her eyes. Like everything she was doing was just an act, even now I don't think she has shown her true self. 

Perhaps it's better this way, perhaps her true self shouldn't be shown. If it was then perhaps I have fallen even harder, or if she did then perhaps I would despise her. Her acting would get better..... and one day it would be impossible to see through it. 

In this way it's impossible for me to completely love her, and so she would be safer. It was common to use your loved ones against you, and if I love then it would be my downfall. 

I wonder why she acts though, was it to win over my heart and gain power? If so, it half worked. 

"Are you busy?" she asked.

I nodded, no I wasn't busy but the more time we spend together the greater the risk of her dying. And also, I relish the times when her true emotions show. 

Her eyes had dimmed, she wasn't acting anymore. "I'll get going then."

He ignored the ache in his heart, there was simply too much at risk.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Report," a commanding voice sounded out. 

"The highest rank your majesty."

"The competitors?"

"The best of the countries."

"Good," then the King thought, all the money I payed the witch was worth it.