Chapter 7: Unlikely Thieves

Black lotus guild hall

Master lotus had decided to allow Seshwan to plan a heist, this would require a team of thieves to pull off. Seshwan had to recruit his team, pick a target treasure, and then steal it. Not an easy task for recruit thieves. This ambitious undertaking would mean Seshwan's would be group would not have to compete with veteran thieves for the treasure, depending on the scale and complexity of the heist. Too easy and someone will swipe the loot before them, too difficult and they will never pull it off. All things had been considered by Seshwan before he asked for master lotus' blessing.

The next day, in Walters guild hall study, a private room within the guild hall that acted as Walters office. The room was large and made of old alabaster sandstones, the layout was mostly scattered around the room old desks and book cases covered with writings and books. All of which were notes on the city and the nobles within the city. Seshwan was busy at work pouring over old maps of the city, making notes as he went. Xerxes had been assigned to Walter for training so he sat quietly in the corner reading a scroll he had been given by master Crest. The masters had passed him a lot of homework to help him strengthen his lightning essence, allowing him to not just depend on his demonic essence. The scroll in his hand was a technique that the guild couldn't pass to anyone without a lightning essence, the [flash] technique.

The technique [Flash] was a beginner level lightning technique that allowed the user to teleport short distances, of no more than two to three meters. So mostly it was an escape ability, in combat it wouldn't offer much assistance other than to close in on an opponent. Xerxes would also learn [Shadow step transition] so he would need to find his own uses for [Flash]. Other than these two techniques he had also begun to cultivate his lightning essence. The lightning real guards that first form for an apprentice is in the shape of a signet ring. This ring allows the user to transmit his voice to others within fifty meters. A very useful ability when the user must be silent or relay a message quickly.

Xerxes looked down to the ring on this right hand with a scowl, why did he have to use this piece of shit essence. It didn't have any good combat abilities in its early stages. Xerxes looked up from his training materials and over to Seshwan who was studying without rest. All the while small stones floated around Seshwan, he was circulating [Tectonic shell] through himself well he studied. 'wow this Seshwan kid is really focused on his plan and still taking time to train his essence. I wonder, he is supposed to possess some mystic essence of legend, is it that strong?' Xerxes couldn't help being suspicious he had never encountered a human who could surpass him, or his demonic bloodline.

"Hey Xerxes!" Seshwan spun around as his small stones tumbled to the ground, he had broken concentration.

Xerxes put down his reading material, he was getting bored of reading anyway. "kind of busy learning these techniques, what do you want?"

Seshwan had a grin on his face, as he grabbed a map from the desk behind him. "I know what I want to steal and I need your help!"

Xerxes frowned. "I don't want to help you, I'll just take my assignment in two days and hope for the best."

Seshwan moved closer with a stack of notes and the map dropping them in front of Xerxes. "take a look before you say no."