Chapter 11: Escape! Pt.1

Scarlet Cove treasure vault

Within the vault Seshwan led the way to the rear of the vault though it felt like an eternity since they had started to walk, in reality it was mere minutes. The constant threat that Vanessa provided made Seshwan think twice about bringing her along.

'I think I've lost my mind. I better prepare something incase hey eventually see through my bluff.' Seshwan though as they approached the rear of the vault.

Though Vanessa also happened to be a mercenary that had originally been out for his blood Seshwan was less worried about her killing him; vanessa couldn't get paid anymore so she had no reason to fill out the contract. Though Grey had reason enough to be hostile to Seshwan, the fake display of power luckily had frightened him enough he may not make an attempt on Seshwan's life.

As they arrived Seshwan went immediately to retrieved the gloves he had inspected earlier with the other treasures the merchant's guild had labeled as 'trash'.

"If I may be so bold as to ask; What are those gloves to you? When you picked them up earlier you looked as though you knew what they were. As if they were not simply trash as the guild had labeled them." Grey asked. His eyes filled with resentment for Seshwan.

"These if I'm not wrong have been in here so long no one in the city could identify them. It just so happens while studying in the imperial capital came across a book of lost artifacts from the earliest ages of the empire. These gloves may be essence-less now; but they change with the user. If the wearer has the knowledge to how the inscription works, they should prove useful to breaking out of this space." Seshwan smiled as he slipped the light leather gloves onto his hands, a perfect fit.

"How are a set of gloves that Master level mages can't Identify going to help us break out of this vault?" Vanessa spoke her mind as she was skeptical of Seshwan's plans.

"Well miss Vanessa, you see this inscription? its known as a [Rift walker] enchantment." Seshwan had both gloves on now and injected his essence into his hands, then into the enchantment on the gloves. With a brilliant purple luster, the inscriptions lit up. "Now that they are active I can use them to open a rift! Unlike nether rifts demons use to torment humans or seal their own kind as punishment, this rift will behave as a 'makeshift' passage to, what I hope is an abandoned crypt near the edge of the district.", Seshwan finished explaining. The chance of successfully navigating the void was not high but Seshwan; out of fear they may not go along with the plan decided to leave that detail out.

"If that's your plan you aim to travel into the Geohmn crypts? You do know that those crypts haven't been opened in decades due to being defiled and now wraths and undead haunt its halls.", Grey said with fear in his tone.

Grey was a young man when a thief had tried to steal from the lord of the now dead family's treasured jewel. The whole crypt was cursed by a demonic priest after the last member of the family died off. As a counter-measure against looting. That thief had blindly entered and the result was a crypt full of tormented souls and undead.

"This city should have a holy knights' representative in the earls keep. Once we escape you will need to report that the undead have made their way into the common area of the crypts and it needs to be purified. The holy knights will then deal with the issue. We need to escape. that is the only place inconspicuous enough to open a rift gate."