Chapter 14: The Inquisition

The Imperial city; Halegrove Inn

Looking down toward the bustling streets one could see carts shipping goods and people along the streets. The markets were a bustling with activities; nobles, soldiers, commoners and serfs all shopping for wears and goods.

From on high; a third story Inn window, Titus Jade observed the scene while sitting at a table eating his breakfast.

"Titus I'm getting a drink would you like one as well?" One of the officers accompanying Titus asked.

Titus continued to silently Stare toward the markets with a depressed look on his face. As a young noble of the Jade bloodline his features were noble. A firm brow acting as an accent to his emerald green eyes. Dark brown long hair he wore tired back. Unlike other youth of his age at twenty-two years old he was already a tall robust young man.

"Titus?" Across the table from the young noble a hulk of a man sat in an ebony black armor with bright green highlights within the underlays.

This man was Titus' knight attendant Knight Captain Darius Grizwalt. More commonly known to his subordinates as Darius the Dark axe. As a Grand Master stage striker knight Darius was no mere run of the mill knight. He rivaled most Knight commanders for strength. Though issues in the past had held him at his current rank, though nothing could set back this monster's cultivation or training.

Titus brought his attention back to the table.

"Sorry lads I was distracted by something. What was it you were asking?"

"Sir I'm going to get another mead would you like anything?" The officer who had addressed him before repeated himself.

"Just tea please. As for you men drinking alcohol with your breakfast. *sigh* I'm not your caretaker but I am responsible for you once we enter the keep. So please do not make me regret allowing this to slide." Titus said, half scolding the other men.

This particular officer had caused issues in the past with being drunk before the current seated prince of an allied nation. If he caused another scene Titus could not do anything to save him.

Darius bit off a mouth full of meat then spoke. "Titus why do you believe General Marcus has summoned us back to the keep?"

Titus' expression turned to disgust. "Knight Captain! Do you have no decorum? Chew before speaking, barbarian."

Darius responded with a familiar gesture with his middle finger that Titus had grown accustom to. A gesture not so suited to a Knight addressing noble. Let alone his superior.

Titus continued, "I have no idea. We've been stationed at Crescent moon keep for almost six months with no issues or attacks perhaps they have new orders to finally attack those savages from Desh."

Finishing his meal Darius though with his hand on his chin. "Doubtful they would have just sent a runner to deliver the orders not have you and your entire company return to the capitol."