Chapter 21: Guild Name

Night Raven, Midland

Seshwan was restrained by the authorities. Along with him Xerxes was bound and chained. The market became flooded with guards and concerned people who had heard the commotion.

"They provoked my companion. Release us!" Seshwan demanded as he was clasped in a set of irons.

A guard approached, "That monster is a demon hybrid and is too dangerous to allow to freely roam the cities."

All the guards had faces of terror as they tried their best to stay composed in the presence of a beast like Xerxes.

'This is bad, I need to think of something.' Seshwan panicked. 'If Xerxes wakes up like this, he will kill more people to prevent being captured.'

"That monster is a member of my guild! We have a contract to kill Silver Moon bandits from the Midland Traders." Seshwan said.

The guards pulled Seshwan up from the dirt to allow him to explain.

"Bullshit! What's your guild name?" The guard in charge questioned. His disbelief of Seshwan's lie showed in every angry line of his face.

"Titan... Sol. It's Titan Sol, were an adventurer's guild. It's not uncommon for a guild like ours to take on kill quests from merchants, is it?" Seshwan lied again.

The guards pondered a moment. It was common that a merchant guild would hire extra mercenaries to handle bandits in the area. This demon had only killed the bandits.

"Well will need to verify the contract with the merchant's guild." The lead guard scoffed. The guards escorted Seshwan toward the building he had just left moments before.

Entering the hall in irons, Seshwan looked toward Diana, who was currently filling out documents.

"Clerk!" The guard shouted as he entered. "This man claimed you issued a kill quest to him and his guild to kill bandits. This led to the destruction of several stalls in the market and five dead men."

Diana looked at Seshwan as she felt a warm hum in her ear. Seshwan voice spoke in her ear. "I need you to lie to these guys, please!"

"Yes sir, the order was for rogue bandits around the city. We asked they be removed by any means. Though they will pay a penalty for damages to the stalls and a fine to the city for any mess they made." Diana explained smiling cheerfully.

"If that's the case, well alright." The guards seemed to believe this innocent girl. Except one.

"What was the guild's name you issued the quest to?" The guard asked.

"The paperwork was handled by another clerk I'm not sure. Let's see if I can find it." Diana said.

She could feel cold sweat starting on her skin. The question had caught her off guard.