Chapter 20

When we got home I took Jeremiah upstairs and into his room.
"Are you okay Jer?" I asked. He nodded and smiled at me.
"Thank you Ray." He said.
"For what?" I asked as tears gathered in my eyes. "He only took you to get to me. If I wasn't here you'd be so much safer."
"No." He said, wrapping his arms around me. "If you weren't here there would've been no one to save me. You always save me Ray."
I nodded and kissed his forehead, holding to me tightly.
"I love you Jer." I whispered.
"I love you too Ray."

"He needs to be permanently gone." Damon said to me as we laid in bed that night.
"What do you mean?" I asked
"Tyler. He needs to be gone. Permanently." He said.
"Damon. Are you sure?" I asked, looking at him, trying to read his emotions.
"I'm positive." He said "he hurt my mate, killed my parents, threatened the safety of my pack. He has to go." He growled.
I nodded and scooted closer to him.
"I love you." I whispered.
"I love you too." He whispered back, kissing me softly as I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing.
"Hello?" I answered.
"I need you to get dressed and come to the training grounds." Jacob's voice came through the phone.
"Okay." I said, rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I stood up. "Give me five minutes." I said, hanging up.
I walked into my closet and put on my black capri leggings and my blue tank top, slipping my matching blue vans on and running down stairs.
I grabbed an apple and walked out the door, heading to the big clearing where we trained.

When I got there I threw the apple core into the woods and ran over to where Jacob was standing.
"What the hell?" I muttered. The whole pack was surrounding Damon as he stood on top of a tree stump.
"He's talking about his brother. About how he's giving him the death sentence." Jacob whispered. I nodded and began to push through the crowd.
"Damon!" I yelled. His head snapped to me and he jumped off the tree stump.
"Yes?" He asked.
"What are you doing?" I asked.
"I'm telling the pack Tyler's fate." He said as if it was no big deal.
"So that's it. You're just going to kill you're brother?" I asked.
"He's not my brother." He growled, giving me a look that made me want to cower away. Instead I growled back and shook my head. "He hurt my mate. Killed my parents. And threatened my pack. And you're trying to call him my brother? I thought you were my mate. I might've been wrong." He growled. I shook my head and began to turn around as tears welled in my eyes. I thought I was his mate too.
"Fine. Do what you want Alpha." I said, looking him in they eyes before leaving.
"Hey! Raegan!" Jacob yelled, running over to me as I left the clearing. "He's just stressed out, he didn't mean it." He said.
"Didn't mean what?" I asked as if the way he looked at me and spoke to me didn't phase me.
"The way he acted. He didn't mean it." He said, shaking his head. "He's always been this way about his brother."
"Oh no Jacob. Don't let him hear you say that." I said in the most sarcastic voice I could muster. "He isn't his brother, remember?" I said angrily as I walked away from him, letting the tears fall.
I walked into the house and shook my head, wiping away my tears.
"Hey Ray!" Jeremiah yelled, running down the stairs. "Mom and dad called. They're coming over today."
I nodded and sighed. I knew why.
"Hey. Jer. Come here." I said, sitting on the couch. He ran over and sat next to me. "Mom and Dad are coming for one reason." I said quietly.
"Why?" He asked.
"It's time for you to go home buddy. They bad guys are gone so you can go back with mom and dad now." I whispered.
"Oh." He said quietly, looking at the floor. "I'm gonna miss you Ray." He said. I nodded and pulled him to me.
"I'm gonna miss you too kid." I said, tears spilling from my eyes. "But we'll see each other all the time. I'll drive up more often and you guys can come here more often. You can come stay the night whenever you'd like." I said, kissing the top of his head. He nodded and stood up.
"I'll go get my stuff together." He said.
"I'll come help." I said. But he shook his head no.
"I can do it on my own." He said. I nodded and wiped my face as he walked up the stairs.

I got up and walked into the kitchen, opening the cabinets.
I grabbed everything I needed for spaghetti and began to cook.
I boiled the noodles, cooked the meat, added the sauce and then put it all together.
As I began to start making brownies I heard the doorbell ring and I sighed sadly.
Hey guys." I said, opening the door to see my parents.
"We're here for him." My dad said softly. I nodded and smiled sadly.
"I know. He's upstairs." I said.
"Jer!" I called up the stairs. I heard a door open and he came to the top of the stairs with his bags. He sighed and slowly walked down the stairs.
"Hey mom. Hey dad." He muttered, walking past us and out the front door. I smiled sadly at them and followed him out the doors.
"Hey. Kid. Come here." I said, waving him over. "Look. I'm gonna visit all the time. And you're gonna come back and visit all the time. Okay?"
"Okay." He said, wrapping his arms around me.
"I love you." I whispered, kissing his forehead.
"I love you too." He whispered back, throwing all of his bags in the car and climbing in.
"Alright guys. Me and Damon will come see you soon." I said, turning to my parents. I hugged them both and said my goodbyes, walking back into the house as they drove away.

I walked upstairs and grabbed my phone. It's been six hours and I have no idea where Damon is.
I texted him a bunch of times and there's been no response. I sighed and laid in bed, looking at the ceiling.
Jeremiah's gone. Damon's gone. I have no one.
----------------------------------------------
Well, Tyler's Going To Be Gone For Good, Tensions Are High Between Damon And Reagan, Jeremiah is Back Home Now.
I'm Going To Try To Get To At Least 30 Chapters Before I End This Book And Maybe This Series As Well.
Now It's Just A Matter Of What'll Happen Next.
Will Jacob Find His Mate By The End Of The Book?
Will Damon And Reagan's Mate Bond Survive?
Will Tyler Really Be Gone For Good?
I Guess You Guys Are Going To Have To Keep Reading ;)
Thank You All So Much For The Support!
I Love You All!<3
Until Next Time,
🤦🏻‍♀️💭"Love Doesn't Hurt, Expectations Do." 💭🤦🏻‍♀️
-Allenah<3