Chapter 25

3 Days Later

"There ya go." I said, smiling sadly at Jeremiah after putting his tie on.
"Thank you." He whispered.
"I love you Jer. We're gonna get through today, together."
He nodded and hugged me tightly before going to sit on the couch.

I ran into my room and slipped on my black dress with a pair of flats.
I sat in front of my mirror and put my hair into a French braid.
My mom always loved the braid, she often asked me to braid hers.
I skipped the make up and went back downstairs.
"Do you need help, love?" I asked Damon as I watched him struggle with his tie.
He nodded and smiled softly.
"Come here." I said, grabbing the tie and fixing it. "There."
"Thank you." He said, kissing me gently.
"Now. Let's go." I said quietly, holding Damons hand as Jeremiah got up and walked to the door with us.

As we sat there my heart hammered in my chest. I hadn't gone to the casket yet. I didn't want to see her like this.
"She was not only my wife," my dad said, standing in front of everyone. "she was my best friend. She helped me run the pack, she loved everyone. And everyone loved her. She was the love of my life and I'm going to miss her. A lot." He looked down as a tears fell from his eyes, turning and walking off stage.
"Princess. Are you sure you wanna do this?" Damon asked quietly.
"I have to. For her." I mumbled, slowly standing up and walking to the stage.
"I wasn't sure if I was gonna talk today." I said, looking at everyone in the room. "There's so many people here. You all knew my mother. She was an amazing friend, wife, and sister. But mostly, she was the best mom. I was made fun of my whole childhood because I'm different. And I remember one day I came home, crying because a kid at school told me my mate would never love me. And my mom looked at me and shook her head. She told me that if my mate didn't want me then he is a fool. Because I may be different, but I'm me and that should be enough. That I'm special because I'm me and I don't try to act like I'm someone that I'm not. That if my mate couldn't accept that then he didnt deserve me. And she was right, like normal." I chuckled, wiping my face as tears fell from my eyes. "My mate and I are happy. I'm the Luna of my pack, and the queen of wolves. But I wouldn't be who I am today if it weren't for her." I took a deep breath and walked to the casket, looking down at her.
"You look so alive mom." I said quietly. "Thank You for everything. Thank you for being you, for being my mom, for being my friend. I love you and I'm sorry I wasn't there." I backed up as my knees gave out and I fell to the ground.
I heard a few people gasp as I began to sob into my hands.
"Come here." I heard Damon whisper as his arms wrapped around me. He picked me up and held me close to him.
"I wasn't there when she needed me most." I cried, shaking my head.
"Baby it's okay. You loved her and she knows it. She knows it baby, she knows it." He whispered, kissing my head.
He sat down and held me in his lap as I listened to other people go up and talk about her.
"Thank you all for coming." I looked up as I heard my dad talk. "We'll now move to where she will be buried." He said as a few men from his pack picked up the casket and carried it outside. I stood up and followed everyone outside.
The rest was a blur.
I sat there as they lowered her into the ground. I dropped a flower onto the casket before watching them throw dirt on top, burying her forever.
"Let's go home baby." Damon said, holding my hand and leading me to the car after everyone had left.
I got in and leaned my head on the window, watching the trees as we passed by them, slowly falling asleep.
Damons POV
We got home and I looked over at her, seeing she was asleep.
I got out and opened the car door, picking her up and carrying her upstairs.
I gently laid her on our bed and took her flats off before sliding the dress off of her and putting the blankets over top of her. I kissed her forehead and went over to the desk in our room, sitting down and looking at her.
It was hard seeing her in so much pain. I want her to be okay.
I smiled softly, thinking of the way her hair falls in her face, her bright eyes, her perfect smile, her adorable giggle, her everything. She was perfect and it makes me mad that people told her she wasn't. But she's with me now, and I will never let anyone hurt her ever again.
"Damon." She mumbled.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Will you come be with me?" She whimpered.
"Of course baby." I said, standing up and stripping down to my boxers before climbing in bed and pulling her close.
"I love you." She whispered.
"I love you too." I said, kissing her forehead.
"Don't leave me Damon. Please." She said quietly, looking up at me.
"I'll never leave. You're stuck with me princess."
She nodded and smiled softly.
"That sounds good to me." She whispered, closing her eyes and falling back asleep.
-----------------------------------------
Hey Everyone!!
Sad Stuff Is Over :(
Poor Reagan And Jeremiah And Their Dad.
But, Things Get Better ;)
I'm Sorry For The Late Update!!
Starting Now, They Should Mostly Be On Time!
Thank You All For Sticking With Me!
I Love You All!!!
Until Next Time,
🥀"Even Roses Have Thorns"🥀
-Allenah<3