CONFLICT

Steven stood up, looking at three view screens and trying not to think much as he watched Alf moved around the droids.

After seeing the images, all of them had just stood there, not knowing what to say or do, until Alf appeared and said, "I can easily take care of things from here. All of you go get some rest."

All the others had just left in a sort of lifeless daze, but Steven had decided to stay behind to make sure Alf didn't do anything wrong.

The one screen displayed the male prison planet. The drone had finally traveled the full-length through the rift and come out where the two planets were, then used a very small gate that's only about ten feet by ten feet wide to take the drone to the surface where the drone now flew along three feet above the ground. It was a beautiful planet and there were signs of primitive dwellings littering the area. Alf had the drone flying over but they were overgrown and barely recognizable.

The other screen displayed a room that Alf had the droids cleaned out and laid dimensional metal tubing on the floor.

The last screen displayed the droids who had restrained and now carried the thirteenth criminal who were on the bridge. Steven watched Alf turned off the gravity on the ship to make it much easier for his droids to carry the prisoners towards the room he had prepared.

"What are you going to do with them?" Steven asked.

"To be honest, normal protocol would call for their execution. However, I know this is not what you wish, sir, so they will all be dropped on the prison planet for life."

"All of them? You sure they all deserve that?"

"I looked at the logs. None of them protested when they knew what their leader was up to. As such, that in any form of the law makes every last one of them in collaboration with mass murder."

Steven nodded. "Could you show me the time log?"

A fourth screen appeared and the AI played the image and audio from the bridge when Alan had made his decision to change the gravity.

As it played, Steven swallowed hard. Alf was right. No one did protest, however one did mention them.

Steven paused the time log and brought up his fake police account and ran a face recognition on the guy.

In seconds it found the men in the database and brought up his record. Steven began to read over it and almost threw up again as the details of this man's atrocities scrolled past. He reached out and quickly flicked it away.

"Who in the world would let that guy back out of prison?!" He barked angrily.

Of course no one answered him, and they didn't have to, because Steven already knew the answer from what he'd seen earlier that day.

Alf's droids that were hauling the prisoners reached the room he had prepared.

One of the droids that had firm hold on the man Steven had just checked up on stepped forward and shoved the men into the room.

The door closed and the man floated there as he curiously looked at the room. Then without warning, the dimensional door on the floor opened up to the prison world, and the gravity from it reached up through the dimensional door and grabbed the man, pulling him down.

The men screamed as he was pulled down through the door, then the door flickered off.

Steven's eyes switched to the screen that's showing the probe's view. The probe was already flying away and carrying the hoop with him, but he could easily see the man rolled to his back and looked dazedly around. "Wow, that's rather effective." Steven mused out loud.