CAPTURING THE PRESIDENT

Harold scanned the ship flipping back and forth between all four of the available vision scans equipped on the androids until he finally found what he is looking for. But there was too many people in the way, forcing him to look farther down the line of it until he found a place that had no people in the way.

Daniel switched to the idle droid standing in front of the beam cannon and turned it up to 75% then he brought his attention back to Harold.

Harold reached out and snatched the handy beam away from David Kel. "Looks like it's time to create a distraction."

And before either David Kel or Zephyr could react Harold used infrared one last time to make sure there was no one in the way as he brought up the handy beam linked to a starfighter sized beam cannon and pulled the trigger.

A 12 inch in diameter beam blasted from the end of the handy beam. The bright fully visible yellows orange beam burned straight through twenty or thirty thin walls between it and its target. The beam reached its target and cut straight through it and kept going until Daniel finally released to trigger.

Zephyr and David Kel just stared at Harold as the entire ship seem to list to the side. The power flickered then died away plunging them into darkness except for the glowing red of the metal where the beam had burned through the wall. As an added jab to the situation the gravity faded as well and everything in the room started to float around.

"What just happened? I lost all signal and even the opposing hack is gone!" Steven shouted in their ears.

Stephanie ripped her hat off. "What in the world!"

Daniel had a giant smile on his face but didn't open his eyes.

Stephanie pulled back her arm and went to smack him but Michael quickly stepped in the way as he shouted at Daniel as well. "Just what did you just do?"

Dan closed his eyes tighter. "I just severed the Conduit for the entire upper left side of the ship. I wanted to cut it closer to the center knocking out more of the ships power but there was too many people in the way."

Both Stephanie and Michael just stared at him. He sensed it and said, "I've taken down this ship multiple times in my games. It's a hard one because the dynovamator core is in the very center and the energy branches off like a tree. But if you're inside..."

"How many people did you just kill doing that?!" Stephanie angrily retorted.

Alf's hologram said, "Form my calculations I suspect fourteen people were injured and only one of them severely. It appears that Lord Maddog here is almost exactly like his predecessor."

Daniel grimaced at this statement but pulled his mind back to the matter at hand. "Put your attention back into the androids we need to get moving."

Stephanie was not at all happy but she put back on her hat and closed her eyes.

Harold was coming back into the darkened room holding two Alitien military helmets and wearing a third his clothes had also changed to match that Alitien military uniform. Harold tossed the two helmets to them.

Zephyr caught hers and demanded. "Where did you get these?"

Harold ignored her question. "Put them on and change your clothes to match mine."

Zephyr was about ready to argue when David Kel put his arm on her shoulder. "Not right now we don't have time."

As their clothes changed and they put on the helmets Harold open the door again to reveal utter chaos. It was dark with only a few light but people were running in all directions or rather floating in all directions and a sense of total mayhem was overly apparent.