PREPARATIONS

Steven sat in his seat staring at nine different screens. He had at least twenty different programs running and all lined up for a single click. This was going to be the largest hack in history only one time before this was anything like it ever done. He took a deep breath and let it out. "Alright Alf, could you bring up ASNO on the main screen."

The main view screen came to life displaying the current news report from Alitien sector news outlet the main news provider on the StarNet in their sector. There was quite a few others but this one had the best anti-hack security and Steven had decided to use it to make sure his sector wide hack was working.

A commercial had just ended and a camera was zooming in on a man standing in front of a fancy background. "This is ASNO all the news you need to know." Declared a pompous prerecorded voice.

The man looked directly at the Camera. "For those of you just joining us less than thirty minutes ago a major attack left the capital without shields and dead in space. There has also been reports of heavy fighting in the chambers leading up to the presidents location. One of our reporters is just arriving on site were taken you to her now."

The screen switched to a young woman standing in front of a crowd. She turned towards the camera.

"Sarah have you been able to find out anything?"

"Not yet. But I can confirm there is has been some type of fight father in. I'll try to get closer now."

She waded through a crowd to where the soldiers had formed a solid line keeping the people back. She tried to talk to one of the soldiers but they did not respond.

The head of security came into view as he came down the stairs followed by soldiers carrying other injured soldiers. "Move everyone back we have injured that needs urgent medical care. Everyone move back!"

The news reporter pushed her way through the shifting crowd until she was in front of the advancing soldiers. "Sir can we get a comment? Is the president all right?"

The head of security looked at her and shouted. "Get that news reporter out of here!"

Three soldiers broke off and two of them grabbed her while the third grabbed the floating camera with the palm of his hand covering it.

The screen went black then quickly switched to the man in the studio. "There you are folks. We will try to get further information in the meantime I would lik-

Steven turned down the volume and Michael Stephanie and Daniel walked in.

Catherine looked up from the screen she was working on. "Is everything ready?"

Daniel nodded.

"Both the vice president and president are in their own rooms on the small mobile station with the hollow recorder pointed at them." Michael elaborated. "How are things going on your end?"

"Well the hack is ready and Catherine has the supreme courtroom on the Boklar colony ready and she contacted their attorneys. They should be there any moment if they come that is."

"If they don't come that could cause a big problem. I mean it won't seem much like a fair trial if they don't have any defense." Daniel stated

"Well father we just pray that they do come." Michael said with his head slightly bowed.

"Amen to that. What about the armed droids to keep order? What did we decide on that?" Daniel said.

Catherine swished her hand at the screen she had been working on and it turned off. "Alf is taken care of that."