2

G

I leaned forward on the table because I heard someone walking by.

"What you got?" A hand gripped my bare ass.

"Heroin. I'm supposed to cut it with painkillers"

"Look at me when I'm talking to you" Dolo demanded.

I swear, guys love to make this easier for me.

But I couldn't just go out and take from people like him. I had to gain their trust first.

"People are watching" I mumbled.

"I ain't ask you that"

I faked a sigh before turning to face him halfway.

He eyed my chest, before looking into my eyes. "You'on never holla at a nigga"

"You're too big for me. I mean, you're out of my league, not what you're packing"

"I think I'm too big for you anyhow" He chuckled.

I turned away from him, and went back to cutting the drugs.

"You ain't here for conversation?"

I stopped breathing for a few moments. "I'm naked, playing with drus, and talking to a man decked out in designer-"

"So you jealous and outspoken?"

"No! I just-"

"I'm just playin'. You over there blushing"

After a few seconds, I started to breathe again, making my 'blush' go away.

Predictable.

"I don't feel comfortable with all these people watching us" I lied.

"Dolo, get'cho ass. Stop fuckin' bothering people, bro"

Malik.

The oldest of three, and the obvious leader.

Dolo licked his lip and patted my butt. "See you 'round"

"Okay" I spoke quietly.

-

"Hey, best friend" I hugged Phoenix.

"Tuh. Really?"

I groaned. "What? What now?"

"I'm over here wondering where my best friend at, then I remembered that she probably with some rich nigga plotting to steal his Ming Dynasty vase"

"Do you know how expensive those things are? I wouldn't be mad if somebody killed me over one of those"

"Whatever, G"

"You not even special" I pulled at one of her curls. "You're not entitled to conversation"

"Keep playing" She warned, and I put my hands up in defense.

"Let me buy you a drink, wit'cho fine ass. All would be forgiven, right?"

"Let me go get my coat"

So we ubered to some club where ballers and people with some extra pocket change usually hung out.

I approached the bar and took a seat, waiting to be serviced.

"What can I get you?" A bartender wiped his hands down his apron.

"A strawberry daiquiri and a martini"  I put down a twenty and a ten.

"So when you not working under me, you out here doing regular shit? What you doing here?" Malik questioned.

"I didn't realize that it was invite only" I raised my eyebrow at him, and grabbed my drinks before leaving.

When I saw Phoenix, I handed her a martini.

She looked behind me, presumably at Malik, but I didn't bother turning around.

"You dance?" He asked.

"Dolo wouldn't appreciate that" I moved away from him. "I'm here with my friend anyways, I'm not about to leave her"

"You think I give a fuck about what that lil fool got his eyes on?"

"He's your brother"

"And if my sister was interested in you too, I wouldn't care either"

Malik and Dolo's younger sister was a lesbian.

She probably got stacks just for existing.

"Well I can't mix business with pleasure. I'll see you around" I grabbed hold of Phoenixes free arm, and started to direct her to the other side of the club.

Somebody backed into me, and my drink spilled.

"You'on wanna go to VIP? We can bring your new drink to you up there. I know girls love to get catered to" Malik said.

"Yes" Phoenix nudged me.

"No thank you" I said and countinued to squeeze through sweaty bodies.

-