3

G

"Hey, Dolo" I spoke to him as soon as I walked in.

I hadn't gone to the bathroom yet to strip and put my clothes away, so I wasn't naked.

"Is that Ghold? Giving me the time of day?" He asked, turning around in a full circle to see if anyone else was around.

"I was just speaking" I shrugged.

"Hey, G" Celyn tapped my shoulder, making me turn around.

Dolo scowled at his sister. "What?"

"I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to her" She said.

"Talk to yourself on your drive home" He turned her around and pushed her off.

"I can't because me and G are hanging out today" Celyn stated.

As often as Phoenix did, she did not like sharing me.

"I can't blow off work to hang out. No offense, but I don't want to be seen with you guys" I lied. "Malik isn't one for bullshit anyways"

Dolo hated when anyone brought up Malik in conversation because although it was never said, Malik was his superior.

"So what if I told you to take yo ass out and go with my sister, then what?"

"I would assume that you hadn't seen the look on Malik's face yet" I spoke softly. "I have to go"

And just like that, I slipped away and got undressed.

I heard Malik start yelling, and then Dolo started yelling too.

It wasn't that serious, but it also wasn't any of my business.

It wouldn't be hard for me to befriend Celyn, but I wasn't bisexual or a lesbian, so anything beyond a forged friendship was a no.

After I did that, I could just come around more often and become a familiar face.

Besides, if niggas started hearing that I was fucking around with Malik's sister, they would leave me alone.

That would take away from the amount of money I averaged escorting.

I don't make as much money as I could because I don't fuck.

I wasn't a prostitute.

I'm just arm candy, a fake relationship to flaunt for whatever reason.

I stripped and used the bathroom before handing my clothes off to a security guard.

He in turn, handed me a mask.

"I don't cook. I just cut" I stated.

"You wanna talk to Malik about it?" He challenged.

"No thank you, but he said I was here to cut"

I did not want to breathe in all the toxic shit that went into cooking up cocaine or heroin.

Sometimes antifreeze and even wilder shit go into it, and I wasn't looking to inhale cooked antifreeze.

I was grabbed by the arm, and pulled towards Malik's space.

Dolo walked past us, and the bottom of his eye was swelled up.

Poor baby.

He knocked loudly at the door and his nails sunk into my arm.

"Ease up on her. Why you so mad?" Another member of security, Jayshawn asked.

The door swung open, and Malik stepped back. "You ready to start annoying me, girl. What?"

"She think she too good to cook, boss. She givin' attitude like she privileged or something."

"And what you want me to do? Fuck her and put her in a good mood?" He mugged the guard. "If she don't know how to cook, then let her do what the fuck she know how to do-"

"She didn't say that she didn't know how to cook. She doesn't want-"

"Don't fuckin' cut me off" Malik ushered me into his office, and I stepped forward before he slammed the door in the guards face.

Malik pushed me back against the wall and looked at me with angry eyes. "You just tryna be fuckin' trouble, aren't you, Ghold?"

Little droplets of his spit hit my lip, and I didn't dare flinch.

I didn't even expect him to know my name.

Well atleast I now know this nigga sure is scarier than he looks.

"If Celyn wants you to be her girlfriend, then you are going to be her girlfriend. And I wish you would turn her down again. Put some clothes on so y'all can go, cause she waiting."

I just stared at him with a blank face.

He slapped me, and I faked a groan before holding my face.

"I-I'm sorry" I stuttered.

I couldn't make the tears flow, but I thought I put on a good enough show.

I was presenting myself as 'helpless'.

Just a naked bitch cutting drugs.

-