Four

The place was a fixer upper, Lyla thought. Looking around the empty space she could tell it had great potential. It was in their price range and the location was perfect for customer access, a local area where people were constantly walking around, surely someone would want to stop for a drink or tasty sweet. Compared to other areas they searched the past few weeks Lyla was ultimately fond of this place for some reason.

With a grin Lyla turned on her heals and looked to where Edwin was crouched down in front of a hole in the wall, his fingers tracing the large area.

"I think it's amazing." She said, but the moment Edwin looked up at her she knew what he was gonna say.

"I don't like it.".....damn

"Why not?!" She exclaimed throwing her hands up. "The place is wonderful–"

"The place is a dump, love. Too much to fix the place and we can't afford that." Edwin stood up and walked over to his beloved Lyla who crossed her arms and glared at him.

"Don't be cross with me, love," He sighed, arms wrapping around her waist. "I'm only being honest."

"As am I! This place can be something Eddie, I know it can, can't you see it?" She looked around, as did Edwin and he cringed.

"I see a dump."

Lyla scoffed and shoved him away. "You're impossible." She grumbled, stomping away from him towards the back of the area where she pictured the kitchen would be and smiled faintly. Edwin with a defeated sigh watched her walk around with a ghost of a smile, a far off look in her eyes; he knew she was thinking about this place becoming theirs. He glanced around in distaste for a moment but tried to see a cozy shop.

"I haven't got the imagination like yours," he said causing her to look at him. "You should be in charge of design" he smiled.

Grinning and squealing she ran towards him. Chuckling he caught her in his arms as she kissed his cheek repeatedly.

"Oh Eddie, thank you! You won't regret it, I promise, darling." She looked up into his sky blues and felt her heart race as always.

Lifting his hand he cupped her cheek and smiled. "Anything to keep you happy."

Her smile faltered as she looked at him. So much running through her mind with her nerves were endlessly toying at her. This handsome man in front of her was something out of a fairytale and she couldn't be luckier to call him hers.

"Eddie, I love you."

The words slipped past her tongue and she wasn't scared, even as his eyes widened and pink lips parted. The silence endless but the words repeated in his mind like a symphony. Unable to contain himself he captured her lips in his, smashing them together to mold perfectly as one. The hitch in her breath left with a sigh of content as her eyes fell closed, her body melting against him he thankfully held her tightly in his arms.

For a moment of breath he let himself speak what he always dreamed of saying,

"I love you."

****

Everything was perfect for the last two months, business was booming for them as Lyla made sure that everyone in town knew they were open. She made it her job to walk around handing out flyers and spreading the word of a new café: Sweet Romanian. The name was a shock to Lyla when Edwin suggested it but she didn't dare question it when she caught how determined and sure he was of it, so shrugging it off she let him have his way.

The pair made a marvelous team: Edwin behind in the kitchen working his magic on every recipe from desserts and drinks, and Lyla working in the front of the house taking orders and serving tables. By the end of the shifts they were both exhausted, but happy to have a successful day. Some days weren't as busy and other days it was just about empty, but no matter, they still kept their chins up.