Chapter 16: One more chance

"Okay, talk."

I gesture for Brett to continue but he just stared at me plainly before grabbing the remote and offing Nexflix.

"Could you at least listen without any distractions?"

I simply nodded my head before turning towards the television again. This time without watching anything.

"Crystal's not my girlfriend."

I just scoffed, did he think I was that dense to believe him?

"Just listen okay? She was a fling from last year. I didn't even ask her to be my girlfriend at all. My Father liked her so Crystal thought she could control me but I saw her as nothing but a fling. I didn't know where she had gotten the idea that she was my girlfriend."

I looked into his eyes to see nothing but truth in them. This does not change anything though.

"Thanks for explaining. You can go now." I point at the door, hesitation was clear in my movements.

"Please just give me One More Chance. I'll prove to you that I'm worthy enough to date you." He looks at me with his puppy eyes that are so adorable I could not look away from them. I shyly hugged him as a signal that I would give him another shot with me.

I'm so thankful that Crystal was not his girlfriend. I don't know what I'll do if she was. As I hugged Brett, I could not help but think of what the future has in stored for us. Guess we'll find out.
___
One month later:

"I love this scenery. I really want to open a cafe around this street next time. Maybe not in Paris but in Canada. Too bad I can't find a great spot like this anymore." I sighed, resting my head against Brett's shoulder in comfort.

"I'm sure you'll find one after you finish this Immersion course. I mean even the Chef complimented you on your dish that you presented yesterday. It tastes awesome by the way." He gave me a sweet peck on my cheek.

How did I get so lucky to have a guy like Brett. That's right. He still has not ask me to be his girlfriend. I wish he would ask already. I mean, what are we? I can't even say that he's mine when other girls want to date him.

"Come on, let's go. I want to show you something." He pulls me up and walks over to the garden that we passed on our way to the picnic area.

"Wait here." He whispers in my ear before disappearing. Wait! Don't leave me alone. I hate being alone except when I'm singing in the shower!

"Guess who?"

"Brett, I know it's you. You literally just told me to stand here, alone, to wait for you." I turned around just to face blooming roses everywhere. In the center stood Brett in a suit.

He changes fast. My heart was racing as fast as my mother's crazy driving lessons as Brett bends on one knee with a gorgeous Tiffany and co. box in his hand.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

The exact same time I stopped him,"I can't marry you!"

Oops?
___

Okay I know it's very short but I didn't have the time to do a long one. And I really wanted to update at least a little something for my readers as u guys have been so supportive towards COATG!

 And I really wanted to update at least a little something for my readers as u guys have been so supportive towards COATG!