Chapter 18: Gone

"Is the duck nice? I slow-roasted it myself." Karen, she insisted I call her that, asked us.

"It's superb, Karen." I grinned at her while I popped a large chunk of the roasted duck and mashed potatoes.

"Yeah, Karen!" Crystal giggled, she didn't even say anything funny. In the end she stayed since Rony said that she couldn't go back herself in the night.

"Did I give you permission to let you call me Karen?" Karen raised her eyebrows at Crystal.

"Of course Crystal is allowed." Rony defended Crystal.

"It's my name, Rony. Anyways I'm going up, I lost my appetite." She raises her hands in a surrender gesture and retreated to her room.

"Well, this is awkward." Beatrice said, tugging her hair gently. Rony turned around to glare at her for a while.

"Tell me about it. It was your fault that your mother was upset. You made Crystal mad too. You should say sorry." Rony said sternly, raising his eyebrows, gesturing to Crystal.

"What is your problem dad? You and mom are the greatest couple I have ever seen? What are you...like sleeping with Crystal? You're supporting her every once and then." Brett had enough and reprimanded his dad for his behaviour towards his Daughter and Wife.

"We're leaving. Come on Babe. Bea if you wanna follow us that's fine." He grabs my hand, dragging me out the house.

Beatrice slowly followed us out, saying that she was going to catch a ride home from a Friend.

"Calm Brett down please. The last time he was like this...you don't want to know." She anxiously let's go of me and went into a car that was parked outside, waving goodbye.

I was lost in my thoughts for a while but was interrupted when Brett honks his car. I guess he's really mad.

I got in quietly, buckling up. I didn't want to fuel Brett's anger anymore than it already is, so I kept silent the whole ride.

"I'm not coming up with you. I'm going out. Stay safe alright?" He gruffly told me.

"Are you okay Brett?" I touched his arm trying to cool him down. He snatches my hand off his arm, keeping his eyes on the road.

I gasped at his bluntness, he has never done that to me before. I'll just look at the streets, I thought to myself.

We reached the hotel in minutes that felt like hours, zooming past the hustle and bustle of the town. I felt hallowed in my heart, knowing that Brett doesn't want to open up and talk to me. I could help him.

As we came to a stop in front of the hotel, Brett sighed and gave me a light peck, opening the door for me.

What breaks my heart even more is that he drove away without even giving me another glance.

___

Hey.

I don't feel that good.

A lot has been express through these words that I don't know whether anyone of you could or would understand.

I literally cried while writing this short chapter.

I know, it's been quite a few days but I just got my phone back so I could write a new chapter for you guys!

Okay I have to go now, bye!