Friend or Foe?

(THYME'S POV)

I'd decided to risk it a little bit by wearing a more fitting top today. In place of the three quarters were a pair of Bermudas while the uggs stayed. Basil had not made an appearance around school for three days and counting. I was starting to think he had forgotten our little encounter. Going though the daily ritual of smearing aloe onto my skin and puffing some of my home made breath freshener, I stepped out of the toilet and walked towards my locker.

There he was, standing by my locker, holding on to a large paper bag. Were those the coats he promised? I drooled a little. He noticed me and gulped. Oh yeah. I wasn't Thyme, I was Rosemarry. It really was the same thing but Basil doesn't know now, does he?As I got closer, I noticed him taking a deep breath, I grinned.

'I thought you didn't come here often?' I flirted, amused as he gagged a little.

'N-no.' He spluttered, trying not to breath as he spoke. 'I met Thyme recently and I promised her coats. You don't happen to have her number do you? I'd like to arrange a meeting.' He said very quickly, thrusting the bag into my arms. I stumbled. They were heavy. I shook my head and he scowled.

'She's really leaving it to fate huh.' I heard him mutter under his breath but didn't say anything. He turned to leave.

'Won't you stay longer?' I called, trying to gas him to death with my breath. He made sure he was a good distance from me before turning around.

'No.' he replied icily, before stalking off towards the Royal's wing. Now that was the Basil I knew.

-Thyme's apartment-

'Oh my god.' Amber gushed as she ransacked through the large paper bag. 'The material is amazing!'

I glanced at the two black coats. Basil had bought the coats and as promised, one was three sizes smaller than the other. Sewn onto the black coats were golden buttons engraved, B.R.B. I shook my head. I shrugged the coat on and buttoned up.

'You look great in it!' Amber spun me round. 'Not something you would get at the thrift store. How did you get it?'

Tightening the last button around my waist, I examined myself in the mirror. The coat hugged my body as if it was tailored to fit me. How did he know my size? I cringed at the thought of him measuring me out in his head. He was a stalker. Stalkers are supposed to know these things. I think... Amber nudged me and looked at me expectantly.

'Basil bought them for me.' I adjusted the coat's collar and looked and tossed my hair. I was starting to like this hairstyle alot. Amber gasped.

'Has he found you out already?'

'No, me. As in Rose-marry.' I emphasised my middle name. Amber grinned and I grinned back.

'Well look at the time! Better run!' Amber got off the bed and straightened her dress.

'Is it Tom again?' I teased and Amber blushed.

'He's picking me up soon.' She twirled. 'Do you think he'll like it?' She fanned her dress out. I nodded.

'Thyme would need a lift to the convenience store.' Emma appeared at the door way. We jumped. I need to tie a cow bell to that girl soon. 'The streetlights aren't on since winter is coming and we've run out of groceries.'

'Tom could give you a lift.' Amber added helpfully not noticing Emma's expression darken. 'It's on the way.'

As if on cue, a honk was heard from downstairs. Not needing to take off my new coat, I bunned my hair, followed Amber down and got into Tom's mini cooper.

'Nice coat Thyme,' Tom complimented 'Looks expensive.'

'It better be.' Amber winked at me.

In no time, I was standing outside the store waving goodbye to the couple. I walk into the store and grabbed a basket.