Chapter Twelve

"What was he talking about back there Cara?" Luckily for me, Michael had waited until Gaven and Fredrick had fallen asleep to bring up what had happened at dinner. He knew I wouldn't talk with them awake. I didn't trust them like I did him. For the first time I was glad the cell was flooded with darkness; I couldn't see him and he couldn't see me. He wouldn't be able to see the betrayal that I knew was written clearly on my face.

"Please don't worry about it."

"But was it true? Are you hiding something from us?"

"Every Alpha has their secrets..."

"He made it seem like-"

"He's trying to turn us against each other." I snapped without warning.

"Cara you know I won't be-"

"I told you Michael, that I have nothing to hide! This man is trying to turn us against each other, because he knows that with him holding four Alpha's captive, that when we get free we are going to destroy him. What better way to keep himself safe then to make us hate each other?" If we can get free that is. The silver around my wrists was telling me a different story. I could already feel the poison seeping into my blood stream. It would be slow and silent, three weeks max till I really started to feel the effects of having it in my veins, and that was only if my body doesn't succumb to the distance from my mate first.

"Alright," he sighed, "I can see that this conversation is over. Why don't you try and get some sleep. If you thought dinner was messed up, just wait till breakfast."

"I do love breakfast." This time I'm going to make sure I bite him and not the servant trying to feed me my food.

***

-Eloise-

"It's been two week Titan!" Tiberius roared as he slammed his fists onto the table, "Why have you not sent anyone else to find her."

"I have a pack to run Alpha Tiberius. Clearly, you must understand my situation. The pack comes first, does it not?" The other Alpha's nodded their heads in agreement.

"No it doesn't! She is an unmarked Alpha! Do you not see the issue with that!?"

"You're right. She's an Alpha, and it is that exact reason that she will be alright. The only reason why this is such an issue is because she's your mate. You're just now wanting me to intervene when you never showed this much interest when the other three went missing. I'm not going to send more men out then needed."

"She's your sister!"

"I know that but-"

"What do you think Isadona is going to do when this meeting is over?" I asked before Tiberius could make a fool of himself even more then he already was, "Eric, you realize what stress can do to that child inside her belly right?" He looked away from me. "And Keehlan, didn't Julie already have a scare?"

"That's-"

"Her mate is gone. She's lucky the pack respects her enough to listen to her and protect her. I get that the pack comes first, but we are being targeted. This isn't a 'mate' or 'family' thing, this is an Alpha thing. We need to stick together!"

"Eloise," Titan sighed, "Are you sure that you aren't just worried because she's your best friend-"

"Says the Alpha whose lost control of half his pack!" I snapped. The color on his face drained like water down the drain, "Don't try to hide it either. I can tell you right now that your patrol team out there has already stopped their rounds. They haven't listened to a thing you've said since she went missing. I've noticed it and so has Isadona. It also doesn't help knowing that I've been catching them on my territory."