Chapter Eighteen

All the scents have collected into one spot. My guess, the omega decided to pull all of his guards into one place. No doubt, it was to protect himself. Either that, or what ever he has planned for the hyrbids, will also hurt normal wolves.

There's still one thing that didn't make sense in all of this though. Why were the others following him? He was a rogue omega. No wolf, rogue or not, would want to follow him. I guess he could be offering them something in return for their service, but what was worth pissing off a bunch of Alpha's?

A feeling of pure hatred raced through my veins. I stopped from the overwhelming nature of the emotions, and closed my eyes. Her thoughts made sense. Titan could have easily ordered the guards to work for the omega. With the guards by his side, he would have the brute strength needed to subdue an Alpha. Omega or not, there was no denying that the man had some intelligence to him.

The reality of the situation was that if his goal had simply been to kidnap and kill some Alpha's, he would have been successful. His down fall was deciding to make me a target.

After the feeling recedes, I continue my walk through the building. The place was littered with bloodied limbs. I crinkled my nose at the sight. Hybrids were definitely different. They had a thing for leaving a mess in their wake. Personally, I didn't agree with their ways, but she did.

Typically, my wolf and I didn't see eye to eye. It's because of how we see things that I never released her from all four of her chains, until now. Growing up, my siblings and I were told by our mother to never unchain our true wolves. Once the chains were undone, they could never be put back on, and once unchained, they can take control when ever they want.

That was another reason I kept her chained for so long. She'd have ruined everything. She would have killed Titan and Jasper during the funeral, and then would have jumped Tiberius two seconds later. I did want Titan and his beta dead, and I did want to be with my mate, but I also had known that I had to be patient. I needed proof to take down my brother, and I wasn't ready for my mate to know my secrets.

Isadona and her wolf were in the same situation and me and mine. Her and her true wolf were the complete opposite; even worse sometimes. Unlike us though, Trent had his completely free. Though his true wolf was not blood thirsty like the rest of us. Then there was Titan. His true wolf, was gone, lost when he lost his mate Haley. Maybe it was why he was the way he was. Loosing your mate and then your true wolf could drive any shifter crazy.

My body suddenly stopped moving, a pain tearing through my right calf. I look down and find a thick, metal wire protruding through both ends of my leg. A mixture of what smells like wolfsbane, silver, and iron stings the inside of my nose. It only takes a few seconds and my head begins to spin, the veins in my leg slowly turning black.

I take a deep breath, and let myself be claimed by the pain knowing exactly what is coming.

When I finally come to, I'm staring into the eyes of a petrified wolf, and once again surrounded by the stench of blood. On the ground next to me, is the mangled body of the wolf's partner, no doubt part of what's causing his fear. No normal wolf could cause that much damage, and he knows now that I'm not a normal wolf. Shame for him.

"P-please," he begs as my mind continues to defog, "...I-I'm just following orders."

"Whose!?" I growl, my hand tightening around his throat.

"S-Savorn."

"The Omega?"

"Y-Yes."

"Why? He's a rogue Omega."

"M-my A-Alpha told us to."

"And who is that!?" I squeeze tighter, my claws piercing into his flesh as my wolf pushes towards the surface.

"I-...H-he'll kill my mate..."

"I really don't care." Actually I did, my wolf on the other hand, not so much.

"P-Please just let me go...I-I'll leave and n-never come back-" my hand suddenly squeezed shut. My eyes turned into saucers as I watched his blood explode from his neck, the sticky life essence splattering against the soft skin of my face. My hand moved on it's own, ripping my fingers out of his throat, the wolf's body dropping to the ground. I look down, and in my hand is his wind pipe.

I wanted to scream; I wanted to drop the organ and empty the contents of my stomach all over the floor. But I couldn't. She didn't want to.

There were no mirrors around but I knew what I looked like. My face was covered in blood and I had a twisted grin on my face. One eye was black, and one was blue. My body was being controlled by myself and her - no; she was controlling my body, but was allowing me to watch what she was doing, or better yet, forcing me to watch.

Just like with my hand, my body moved on it's own. Step by step, I got close to the single, solid steel door that everyone else was hiding behind. I could feel the fresh, warm blood oozing through my toes. I hated the feeling of it. I hated the feeling of my smile growing with every single step.

"Oh little wolfie..." it wasn't my voice, but the words came from my lips. It's was a dark, slightly high pitched sound, followed by a menacing chuckle, "Won't you come out and play with me?" My body stop in front of the door, and knocks twice. There is no answer, but the smell of fear is deafening.

She rests my forehead against the door. The metal is cool to the touch, kind of relaxing seeing as I feel like I'm on fire.

"Don't leave me out here alone," this time my voice is back to normal, soft and sweet, but it's still not me, "Are you really going to leave a defenceless woman out here by herself? They're are scary hybrids out here. W-What if they attack me?"

After a few more moments pass by, and the door remains shut, she pulls back sharply. She cracks my knuckles and takes a step back, "Just remember...this would have all gone a whole lot better if you had just opened," she lifts my foot, and then kicks the door open. The large chunk of metal went flying forward, crashing into the wall directly behind it, "The damn door like I had asked."

Standing at the back of the room, Savorn is cowering behind three other wolves. Their eyes are wide and flooded with pure, unorthodox fear. They're looking at me as if I'm some kind of monster.

I am, and they're getting front row seats to the show.

My wolf continues to move my body forward. She stops by one of the leather couches, and then takes a seat. Without looking at her soon-to-be victims, she raises a hand and then points at the second couch across from us. "Sit. I won't say it twice either."

Not even a second passes and I hear footsteps. The four wolves quickly take their spot where they were told, with Savorn sitting directly across from me. None of them say a word. My wolf smiles towards their obedience.

"How about we get started then," She says as she leans back and makes herself comfortable, "Which one of you mutts, is going to tell me which Alpha put you up to this?"

Extremely late update lol. Sorry.

Slightly shorter chapter, but I'm sick and this is all I can do for this chapter.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!

No question. I can't do it today lol.