Chapter Seventeen

Cara

She stood as still as a statue, her deep, black eyes piercing right through me. Next to her, another wolf laid lifelessly on the ground, bright, crimson red blood soaking her pure cream coloured fur. Holding my breath, I stood my ground, keeping my gaze level with her own. There was a pain in my chest, like my heart was slamming against my rib cage in an attempt to get out. I'd experienced a similar pain like this once before, but this was so much more. This wasn't a slip up of control...

"I don't want this," I whispered as I dropped to my knees, "I don't want you..."

She doesn't move. She doesn't make a sound. She continues to stare me down, blood dripping from her muzzle onto the black ground beneath her feet. She knows I'm on the verge of loosing control. I can feel everything that she's feeling. Our unbreakable bond.

"I won't fight you," I drop my gaze to the shackles wrapped around back legs, "Just promise me you'll keep Faith safe. Promise that you will protect her as if she was your own..."

Our heart beats began to pick up speed.

"You can kill Titan," Our adrenaline began to stir, "You can kill all of them who are not our of true blood line...Just keep Faith safe...I beg of you..."

She takes a slight step forward, her eyes still matching mine. A low growl leaves her lips as excitement begins to stir.

"Trent deserves revenge." Something warm slides down my cheek, a darkness filling my chest.

She takes another step forward, the chains beginning to become taunt as she moves to far away from the sport they latch onto.

My eyes drop into the dead she-wolf. The sight of her leaves a hallow pain in my chest. "I'm sorry," I whisper as I pull a silver key from my pocket, "I'm sorry I've made you suffer all these years. I'm sorry that in the end, I couldn't stop her from getting to you," I crouch down to where the shackles are locked, "Thank you," I slide the key into the lock and twist it, "For everything..."

The shackles drop to the ground and without a single breath, the she-wolf lunges forward.

I push myself off of the ground, jumping onto the balls of my feet as a heat races through my veins. A few feet away, a guard lays lifeless, his eyes empty as his blood continues to pour from his open throat. It's a sweet smell, a scent that calls to a dark part of me, but I don't go for it. This feeling is only going to be temporary.

I step out into the hall and sniff the area. I can smell the Alpha's on the floor, but there is no one else. I know I need to set them free, but she doesn't want to, and so I turned and head away from their scents.

As I move along the darkness, small sounds begin to register in my ears. There's laughter, the kind that seems slightly forced, as if someone told a joke, and their friends were just laughing to be nice. The sounds causes a slight vibration to stir in my chest and slowly my vision begins to fade.

When I finally snap back to reality, I'm standing in a large pile of blood, three different bodies facedown in front of me, their limbs scattered throughout the room. A mirror off to my right shows my face covered in it, the thick, life-full, substance dripping from my chin and on the floor. My eyes are receding back to their natural blue color, the black slowing dissipating.

A part of me doesn't want to pull my eyes away from the image, but we both know there are more important issues at hand then the sight of blood on my face. I leave the room and head back towards the cell where the other Alpha's are locked up. She doesn't want to let them go, I can feel the thoughts of letting them rot creeping into my head, but things are about to get messy, and at least two of the three Alpha's have families that need them.