The Green Block Liquor Store

"Breath."
"You NEED to remain completely calm Kasey."
Tears rolling down my face, making it hard to see. My chest beating so hard I could feel it in my feet. As I ran down the Main Street thinking of when things were... normal, when I didn't have to face these... monsters, these demons, these Zombies. At least that's what Hollywood called them before this, and that was what, 5 years ago? Yes, five years I have been running from the Rots, as we call them.

Running down the Main Street, I ran into a shopping center, so I went straight for the liquor store. As I got into the door I'm welcomed with a no legged, Female Rot. Yet the fact she had no legs, is sad, well how do I say this... urr, she was exposed. Poor thing.

"I'm sorry" I whispered. I closed my eyes and stabbed her through the head.
"Kasey you there, we lost you at the Old shopping mall, over" I heard Max say over the walkie-talkie.
"Hey, dude, I'm fine. You know I was just taking a nice jog down the Main Street getting chased by eight Rots. Just the usually. Over." I smart mouthed off.
"I'm sorry I wasn't there to help... Over..." He said so awkwardly, it kinda hurt.
"Whatever, dude, over and out"
"WAIT KASEY!"
"Yeah?"
"You forgot to give me your location, over." I could tell he was annoyed.
"Green Block shopping center's Liquor store. Over"
"We'll be over there as soon as possible, over."
"Yeah whatever," by this point I was done with talking.

I roamed the store looking for anything useful. To my surprise this store wasn't raided bad. There was still plenty of stuff. I grabbed a bottle of whiskey and stared at it. I'm 19, and I never tried any alcohol, and this apocalypse happened when I was 14 so.
Pulling a stool next to the check out, I place the bottle on the counter.
Pop! The bottle went when I opened it. What a great sound. But goodness did it have a terrible smell, like so bad and strong I could never explain the pain it brought to my nose. I decided not to drink it instead I used it to clean my stab wound, I got fighting a Rot. I stabbed myself like a Genius.

Bump... bump.
The Rots continually bumped into the glass. I'm honestly at the point in my life where I give up on caring for anything.

Max and the other guys finally made it.
As he get to the door my heart beats a bit faster, I felt happier and safe.
"Hey K. Ya miss me?" He said cheekily.
Oh my goodness yessss!
"Aww you wish I did huh?" I said in a teasingly voice.
"Doesn't matter 'cause I already know you did,"
I roll my eyes.
" 'ok'." I pushed him away.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
Max and I were just friends but we both really liked each other. Like, a lot. He was funny, but shy, and knew how to make things feel... civilized. He was a Caucasian and Mexican mix with slick dark brown hair with natural, soft high lights with grey-ish eyes. Max was taller than me by 6 inches and I liked that a lot.

Then there was me. A mix of pretty much all races. But what mainly shows were; Caucasian, Mexican, and African American. I have tan creamy skin with Dark brown curly hair with natural high lights and big dark brown eyes. I'm 5'5. I'm very skinny because we don't eat often and are alway on the run.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
"KASEY." I heard a familiar voice scream from outside.
"Crap, hide me Max," he chucked as I hid behind him.
Benny ran into the store, with Bianca and Cameron trailing behind.
"Kasey, where is she hiding." He said shoving Max in a playful manner.

Suddenly he seen me in the corner of his eye and darted at me. When he got to me he pulled me into a tight hug.
"Um bro, you can, like, let go now." I said.
"I didn't know what happened to you sis. I got scared." He said in a weak, scared voice.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
Benny is my brother. If you didn't notice.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=
Bianca was holding Cameron's hand (he was the youngest of the group, 10 year old and he's very shy. Bianca treats him like a brother, but Cameron is opened to me because he's kinda intimidated by her).
"This is a great place to stay for the night, but before we rest gather as much supplies as possible. And do not get drink the alcohol," she looked at Benny and Max, "Grab alcohol for medical reasons only. It's something useful."
(See why she is intimidating).

Later that night I sat alone in the corner, cleaning my gun. It was my dad's, he gave it to me before the Rots got to him.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><
"Dad what's happening!" I screamed running. Holding my dads hand for dear life and my bother sprinting next to us.
"We... have...to run... from... those monsters," he said trying to catch his breath.
After 10 minutes of running we gave up. We started slowing down so we started climbing a tree. Me First, then Benny, dad stopped.
"Dad come on!" I cried, "Dad, Please, I Need You!!"
He handed me his pistol and Benny his shot gun.
"I love you both, stay strong, stay together, protect each other, and fight... for me."
"NOOO!" I screamed as my dad ran off.
He ran off banging on a pan, distracting the Rots from us it work. My dad was my hero.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><
"Hey." Said Max shaking me.
"What." I said sweating at the thought of my dad.
"Do you mind if I sleep near you, it's kinda cold near the door." He said without making eye contact with me.
"I don't care." Then I turned on my side and feel asleep.