17

Chapter 16
"Avery!" Everything was black. A beautiful voice was calling out to someone and everything was black. I hope they found her. "Oh my God, Avery!" I couldn't move, I could barely hear over that incessant drum noise. Boom, boom... boom, boom... boom, boom. "Avery, darling, please wake up!" Boom, boom... boom, boom... boom, boom. "It's just your stomach, get up, damn it!" I knew that voice... "AVERY!" My name was Avery... "AVERY!" Someone was calling me... "Avery, dammit, get up!" I knew I should get up, but I was tired... "Avery, please." The voice was crying! I opened my eyes.

"Conner," I croaked, looking around, not that there was much to see. I was laying down in a flurry of snow.

"Avery!" he cheered. I smiled weakly.

"Why... is... it... so... damn... cold?" I questioned.

"Well, there's an icicle in you, that might have something to with it," he smiled back at me, holding my hand.

"Seriously?" I groaned. Some days you just can't catch a break.

"Yep."

"Get it out."

"Can do," he comforted, "Close your eyes.

***

We were in his house. "You okay?" he asked, handing me a steaming mug of brown liquid

"Yeah," I said, burrowing into the fluffy chair, "Thank you so much. For everything."

"No problem, Avery. It's not like I could let you die."

"Why'd you come, anyways?"

"I couldn't exactly leave you, not after what I heard."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"Shut up."

I laughed. "Can do!"

"So it'll probably take about another hour to heal your stomach, don't move until then." I nodded. He took a deep breath. "I'm so... glad you're okay."

I didn't know what was going to happen next, but I did know that there, in that perfect moment in time, I was safe.

})i({
;) last chapter by the way. Then the epilogue and PAAAARRRRT TWO! But more on that later! Comment, vote, read, add, and whatever!