chap 4

"your house is nice." bethann said awkwardly, clearly not knowing what to say.

conner nodded and rolled his eyes," come on bethann, just act like how you usually act."

he opened the dark brown door, allowing bethann in before himself.

"let's go, mom doesn't get home until around 8:30." conner said, leading bethann to his bedroom.

-

conner shut the door to his room,"okay, what'd you need help on?"

"conner, i'm sorry, i lied to you. theres nothing i needed help on, i just wanted to talk to you in private." they admitted, their cheeks tinged light pink.

conner shrugged,"i figured you didn't need any help, what'd you want to talk about?"

bethann sighed nervously,"I don't know if i should tell you honestly, what if it ruins our friendship?"

he shook his head,"just tell me, nothings going to ruin our friendship."

they took a shaky breath in,"okay, well, i kinda really like you as more than a friend."

holy shit conner thought to himself, his eyes widening.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't of said anything, i think i should go." bethann panicked slightly.

"no, wait, bethann." conner stopped them as they started to walk to the door.

he grabbed their hand, intertwining their fingers,"sit down."

they quickly took a seat beside issac, nervously rubbing the sides of his hand with their thumb

"you can stop doing that-" conner started.

"i'm sorry, was that annoying you? i'm annoying, sorry." they apologized.

"bethann, stop, you're not annoying, calm down and let me talk to you." he said, grabbing their other hand.

they looked down at their hands and back up at conner," okay, I'll stop."

"thank you," he began, "bethann, i really like you too, in a more than a friend way."

"wait really? you're not just saying that to make me feel better, right?" they said cautiously.

he nodded at them, smiling slightly.

he released conner's hands and wrapped his arm around their shoulders,"I don't want to ruin our friendship but i want to be with you."

"i know." they sighed, "why would i even get my hopes up? i mean, why would you even want to date me-"

"bethann, please. calm down." he said yet again.

they nodded and muttered an apology.

"i think, maybe we should spend some more time together, you know? like, get to know each other a bit more," he said, watching their facial expression change.

"maybe we should do that first before immediately getting into a relationship. to make sure we're doing the right thing." he added.

they nodded slightly,"so like, going on a few dates?"

"yeah." he nodded back.

"yeah." she smiled up at him.

conner looked down at the time,"come on, its getting pretty late, your mom is going to be here anytime soon."

they stood up and held onto issac's hand, using their other to throw on their bag.

finally conner thought to himself, they like me back and now i feel like i could fall down and hole and break four ribs and my left leg and still be extremely happy.

( YALL WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE. & i was gonn make them kiss but then i realized they r too young for tht shit srry ) man im gonna kms