ch 6

"conner, come on, lets go on the swings!" bethann grinned excitedly as they entered the park, spotting the two side by side swings.

bethann sits down on the swing and motions for issac to join her,"swing with me."

conner awkwardly sits on the swing, a little uncomfortable as it was kind of small.

bethann pushed herself forward, her blonde hair flowing behind her.

in this moment, conner took it all in and realized how much he liked her. everything, he liked everything, and he just wanted to spew it all out but was extremely nervous.

he smiled as he watched her grin widely. she then turned to look at him,"i really missed doing this, you know, playing at the park."

"yeah, i know what you mean, i do too," he agreed with her.

"unrelated to us missing our childhoods, but, bethann, you look so cute today." conner smiled at her, squinting his eyes as the setting sun shone in his eyes.

she blushed a light pink,"aw, thank you conner,"

she gazed off at the sunset,"the sky looks so beautiful. i love sunsets."

she hopped off of her swing and sat down on the dark green grass, pressing her knees against her chest.

conner sat down beside her and watched as she stared at the slightly pink and purple sky.

he noticed her shivering a bit and took off his jacket, throwing it around her shoulders.

she smiled up at him and leaned against his shoulder, enjoying the silence between them.

conner put his arm around her to bring her closer to him,"i said this before, but, you look so beautiful."

she covered her face with her hands,"stop making me blush, I'm gonna miss the sunset because of you."

he laughed quietly and ruffled her hair,"okay, I'll stop expressing what i think about you."

she smacked his hand playfully,"don't mess up my hair or I'll beat you up with that stick over there."

"who'll take you home if I'm injured?" he bumped her shoulder with his.

"I'll call an uber, duh." she scoffed.

"they'll question why I've been beaten, and you can't say some hobo did it as we're the only two people here." he pointed out.

"okay fine I won't beat you up," she rolled her eyes,"this time."

he laughed at her and shook his head while he began to lay down on the grass as his back had started to slightly hurt.

she noticed he laid back and did the same, resting her head on his chest.

they stared at the sky in silence, admiring the now dark yet lit up scene.

conner's heart was racing, bethann had never been this close to him, what if he did something to make her comfortable?

he furrowed his eyebrows as she placed her hand over his heart.

"what are you doing?" he asked curiously.

"seeing if your hearts racing as fast as mine," she smiled.

"is it?" he looked down at her.

"no," she began,"yours is going faster than mine."

"well, is that good or bad?" he asked while trying to not stare at her small hand.

"good." she muttered as she moved her hand back to her side.

she nuzzled deeper into his chest, struggling to keep her eyes open.

conner glanced down at his watch, the time read 9:30.

"bethann?" he whispered as he looked down at her.

his eyes widened as he noticed that she was fast asleep.

conner decided not to disturb her sleep, he gently moved her off of him so he could get up.

he picked her up and cradled her in his arms, managing to not wake her up.

conner couldn't wipe the smile off of his face, he couldn't believe that she fell asleep on him, for some odd reason he felt somewhat honored.

she could of chosen to sleep on his jacket but instead she slept on him.

he quickly unlocked his car and opened the passenger side door, gently placing her in the seat.

he buckled the seat-belt around her and shut the door.

he them climbed into the drivers seat and started the car.

he smiled once again as he glanced down at her.

he then realized that their little date was over, and that she'd be returning home and sleeping alone in her room instead of with him.

he frowned slightly but shrugged it off and began to make his way to her home.

( I FUCKIFN SHIP BETHANN AND Xonner IMCRYDINS XONNER SO KUCH IT H U R T S )