02|And That's A Promise

Him.

He was the one I was walking down the aisle with.

Him.

Richard. Fucking. Harte.

The biggest fucking low life I had ever met in my existence.

Now, I didn't hate anyone, but that man (whom was far from a man in my opinion) was a mighty big exception.

He was a coward. A cunt. An idiotic asshole.

What I hated most about him was that he was irresistible. Absolutely intoxicating. He was a gorgeous man, yet his personality set it all off course.

"Grey," He says shortly as he walks up beside me, champagne glass in hand.

Tomorrow was Avalon's wedding and I had been dreading both the rehearsal dinner and wedding day.

I had been dreading being arm in arm with Ricky.

"Richard." I snarl in disgust and he sighs.

"I prefer Ricky. All my friends call me that." He says.

I give him a bitter smile before throwing back the rest of my glass and setting it down on an empty tray as a waiter walked past.

I look back to him. "Good thing we are not "friends" then, am I right?"

Ricky sighs once again and I grit my teeth in irritation.

Stupid fucking pig.

"Skylar, I want us to be friends. Any friend of Ava's, is a friend of mine." He says.

"I would say the same, yet I am her sister. So, with that being said, please back the fuck off and stay far-fucking-away from me. I hate your face. Your walk. Your talk. Your everything! I hate you! I don't give a damn if your walking with me down the aisle, Casanova! I'll be damned if I let you try and find your way into my life. You may have fooled everyone else, even Orlando, but I don't like you." I glare.

"I never have. I never will." I state firmly.

"So please do me a favor and park yourself across the room far away from me." I consider the concept for a moment before looking back into those eyes I can't help but want to claw out viciously.

"At that note, maybe even drop dead and die." I suggest and he slowly grins, laughing as he looks into his glass of golden liquid.

"Always the one with the sweetest words, Ms. Grey, really." He states, his english accent finding way into his words.

I give him a withering look.

A look I had picked up from my lovely sister throughout the years.

"Go fuck yourself, Harte." I snarl.

He sends me a charming smile. "Care to assist?"

"In your dreams," I say.

"Clearly." He winks and I feel my cheeks flush.

"I hate you," I say and he quirks an eyebrow.

"Original." He says and I glare at him before shaking my head and I begin to walk off.

"Wait! Skylar!" He yells out in exasperation, grabbing onto my arm.

I spin around with a cocked eyebrow.

"What do you want now?" I snap and he sighs.

"I don't want you to hate me. Please, let's talk." He says.

I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Wonderful! Richard Harte wants to talk? To me? Funny, jackass. Real funny." I say and he let's out a breath as I snatch my arm back.

I glare up at him, instantly hating the fact I'm 5"3' at the moment.

I point a finger at his chest.

"I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. To. You." I stab his chest with my finger as I spat out every word venomously.

"Get that shit through your thick skull, Harte. I don't like you. I think I made that very clear, very fast." I hiss before flipping my hair over my shoulder and turning on my heel.

I almost growl in irritation as I hear him following close behind as I make my way to the beverage table.

"I want to get to know you." He states firmly, snatching the class of wine I pick up, out of my hand.

I glare at him, placing a hand on my hip.

"I'm not up for being a rebound, asshole." I growl, snatching my drink back.

"Sky-" he starts.

"Stop. Fucking. Talking. Now." I grit out through clenched teeth.

"I am so sick and tired of your voice. All you care about is yourself." I snap before I began to intimidate him in a poor feel, manly voice.

"Oh! Look at me! I'm Ricky Harte!" I say with a fake smile, scooping my arm up, fist clenched as I slump to get my point through.

"I don't give a fuck about anyone! My daddy gave me a company! I've been rich my whole life! I screwed over Avalon Tate, but I want her back, except she's marrying my business partner! Damn! Let's go screw over Sky, her step sister, since I can't have Avalon and need a rebound! Hardy-Har-Har-Har!"

I drop the act and straighten back up to give him a flat look.

Ricky's face holds shock.

"Is that really how you feel about me?" He asks.

I laugh bitterly.

"Please, honey, its how many feel about you. Especially me." I snap, looking down at my glass then back to him.

"I don't know who you think you are, coming back into all our lives, Ricky, but you need to stop. You hurt Ava. You hurt Orlando. They may have forgiven you, but I'm not so easy to win over." I say in all honesty.

"Once in a blue moon ago, I liked you. You were nice and you treated my sister well. Then you screwed her over. I watched her build walls, Ricky. You don't know how hard it is to watch someone you love so dearly, shut down. She stopped eating. Stopped talking. She became cold and bitter. As soon as she became happy once again, you came in. You jacked it all up." I say softly, yet harshly.

"You put not only Avalon through shit, but everyone, even me. For that, I will never forgive you. Ever."

He opened his mouth before shitting it once again and looking down at me.

"And that's a promise." I whisper in finality before walking off once again.
This time he didn't follow, but I knew he was watching me because everywhere I turned that night, I found his eyes set on mine.

_______________1,057 words_____________

And the drama begins! Isn't it wonderful?

Two updates baby!

XOXO, CMS