08|You're Not Safe

"This is so not safe." I state loudly as I watch from the kitchen doorway as Ava stands on a chair trying to smack the fire alarm with a broom.

"You're not safe." She snaps back with a frustrated grunt as the alarm continues to let out shrill screams.

"I think we should call Orlando." I say.

"I think you should just wait a fucking minute." She growls and with a loud whack the fire alarm is knocked off the ceiling and falls to the floor with wires sparking as smoke ignites from the round object, the screams still loud...possibly even louder.

Ava looks down at it in defeat before looking to me.

"Maybe we should've called Orlando." She says and I shake my head, running a hand through my hair.

"Why do you do these things?" I question as she carefully gets off the chair, hand on her now really showing stomach.

"Awesome things?" She smirks before shrugging. "I don't know, it just comes naturally I guess."

I roll my eyes at the narcissistic woman before taking the broom away from her and propping it up against the wall.

"What are we going to do with this?" She asks and I glance down at the still screaming alarm system.

"You got a hammer?" I ask and a wicked smile invaded her face before she skips off.

Minutes later she came back in with a cackle and a sledge hammer in hand.

"I said hammer." I said.

Ava gave an evil grin in response.

"It is a hammer." She responds and I sigh, shaking my head.

"How are you going to be a mother?" I ask in exasperation.

"Well, you see, it all happened the day Orlando took my virginity in our old apartment bathroom-" She starts, being the logical asshole she is and I bring a hand up to stop her.

"I get it. I get it. I really do." I say in a rush and she cackles before throwing the sledge hammer down with so much force I'm surprised that she didn't put a hole in the floor.

I jump as a loud bang rings through the house.

"Holy." Whack. "Shit." Whack. "This." Whack. "Is." Whack. "So." Whack. "Stress." Whack, Whack. "Relieving."

With one final hit from the sledge hammer, the alarm dies down completely and I stand, gawking at the now shattered object.

"There!" Ava announces with a beam, throwing the sledge hammer to the side.

"Now that," She breaths, looking to me with a pointed smile. "Was awesome."

"And scary." I add.

"And dangerous." A deep voice says gruffly from behind us, causing for me and Ava to scream loudly as we whirl around.

Orlando glares at the both of us.

"Are you two insane?" He snaps.

Ava puts on a sympathetic smile, placing a hand on his bicep.

"Honey, do we need to get you some help? Of course we're insane." She responds and he only sends her a deadly glare in response.

"You two could've injured yourselves severely." He growls in anger and we both flinch at his tone slightly.

"But we didn't!" Ava protests and he sighs in irritation.

"You are pregnant. Skylar is crazy. Neither one of you need to use a sledge hammer. Why the hell did you kill our fire alarm anyways?" He exclaims and Ava glared down at the broken device.

"Stupid shitface went off when I was making spaghetti." She grumbled and I roll my eyes.

"More like burning water." I say and Orlando narrows his eyes at me.

"You were supposed to watch her, not have her almost kill herself." He snaps and I glare at him.

"Bitch, I know good and well you don't wanna start something with me. I get that maybe I should've been a bit more rational when it came to the things we did, but that gives you no right to snap at me. You are not my father, nor brother. You are my step sisters husband and father of her child. Nothing more. Nothing less. So do me and your wife a favor and get the rod stuck up your ass, out!" I snap and Ava looks at me with wide eyes as Orlando grits his teeth in irritation.

"Skylar!" Ava exclaim, baffled and I throw my hands up.

"What? I'm tired of being snapped at! Its not my fault you're a persistent fuck!" I exclaim in exasperation and Orlando sighs.

"I'm sorry, Skylar." He says in defeat, running a hand down his face. "I'm just stressed."

I sigh.

"Its fine. I didn't need to snap at you either, but you know how I get" I say and Ava gawks between the two of us.

"The two most fucking stubborn people I have ever met in my life just apologized to each other. Am I in heaven? Or hell?" She questions and Orlando and I roll our eyes.

"Thank you for not letting her kill herself." He tells me and I wave it off.

"Its fine. I'll see you guys later." I say, but Ava stops me with a pout on her face.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"On a date." I respond with a smile before Pocking up my purse and running out of the house before the pregnant woman can interrogate me further.

"Your ass best be telling me about this later on!" She yells after me.

"Don't count on it!"

_______________910 words______________

...short. Again.

But I'm out of school soooo they'll become longer and all that crap! My goal is to finish this by at least the end of June.

Then I'm starting on Eden and possibly a sequel series including our three girls children *wink* *wink*

But until then, I'm focusing on finishing this series and starting The Beast Series..maybe. Its not clear yet, but yeah!

Vote, comment, share, follow!

XOXO, CMS