04|Wouldn't You Like To Know

Ricky's POV

She was graceful.

Elegant.

Light.

She was...different.

A good different. Yes.

But nonetheless. Different.

I watch as she throws her head back and laughs at something Knox says and can't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

I shake my head, throwing back my glass of champagne.

What am I doing?

He was her stepbrother for gods sake!
Besides. She hated me.

Despised me even.

What was the point in chasing a woman that didn't want to be chased?

What was the point in wanting a woman that looked down at you as if you were nothing but a pile of dog shit she was trying to dodge?

Her glossy, light sandy brown hair fell down to her waist in soft waves, her light brown eyes sparkling like glittering gems, and her blinding smile making her whole face light up like a Christmas tree, adding glow to her already golden skin.

She was perfect.

It was no lie that the woman was a way to hurt Avalon but as soon as she opened her mouth and snapped at me..I became her prisoner.

She brought out a part of me I had learned to close up a long time ago.

The part I closed up when I hurt Avalon.

Her best friend.

Her sister.

No wonder the goddess hated me.

I had hurt her family.

With a sigh, I turn my gaze away from Sky and go to the beverage table and pick up yet another glass of liquor.

"You know," A voice drawls. "Staring at her like a predator seeking prey will get you nowhere. Might as well go up and talk to her."

I let my eyes flicker to Eden who is smirking at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I say swiftly, sipping my drink.

Eden snorts.

"Sure you don't." She states and I continue to look out on the dance floor, causing her to sigh.

"Dude," She snaps and I look to her in shock.

I let out a choked laugh.

"Dude?!" I exclaim and she glares, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Look, stop being a pussy!" She exclaims and I cringe, looking around to see if anyone had heard her.

I let out a relieved sigh when I see the coast is clear.

"Can you lower your voice?" I hiss with narrowed eyes as I look down at her.

Hands now on her hips, she sticks up her nose stubbornly.

"Only in your dreams, buddy ol' pal!" She says, determination in her voice, causing me to sigh and rake my free hand over my face.

"Eden," I start.

"Richard," She grins cheekily causing me to glower.

"I do not like her." I snap and her grin widens scarily.

"I never said you like her." She states giddily.

"You just-" She cocks an eyebrow as I stutter out my response.