11| Sounds Promising

Sky's outfit above^^^

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." I sigh as I flatten out my hands against the silk material of my sky blue dress.

"You look gorgeous, Skylar." Eden smiled over at me and I couldn't help but let out a scoff as I took in her image.

Her hair displayed in small curls down her back as her white dress hugged each and every curve perfectly, the nude pink of her lipstick standing out against her somewhat tanned skin.

She was an angel, whereas I was like a dead rat.

"You actually got her to come here?!" Exclaimed Ava as she spotted us, green eyes wide in excitement.

Her hair was pulled up in a bun similar to my own, except more curls framed her heart shaped face and she wore a shimmering silver dress that caused her growing stomach to look somewhat not as large with a slit on the side, showcasing her tanned leg. Whilst smiling, her teeth looked like snow against the dark burgundy of her lipstick and her green eyes popped due to her smokey eyeshadow.

"Avalon, look at you, not in sweats and a big band t-shirt or college hoodie." Teased Eden.

Ava grimaced.

"That was what I was going to come in, but Orlando about killed me so he picked this up. No going to lie, he did pretty good at choosing the outfit." She laughed.

"But look at you two! You guys look absolutely stunning!" She beamed.

"Thank you," Eden and I chorus.

"Ken came in not to long ago if you want to go and talk to him, he's been asking about you." Ava said to Eden, causing Eden's eyes to light up.

It was no lie that the man had grown on all three of us girls.

"I'll talk to you beauties later, I have a hot ass man to corner." She winked before walking away, snatching a glass of champagne off a tray as a waiter came by before continuing her walk to hunt down Ken.

"I'm surprised she got you to come." Ava commented as we walked over to a nearby table and sat.

"It was bound to happen." I smile tightly.

"Knox is here, but I've told him to stay away from you. He really is sorry for what he said to you." She stated.

I shrug.

"I'm just here to enjoy myself and spend time with my friends, family, and handsome as hell boyfriend. I'm done with the drama. Let's just celebrate another successful accomplishment for RHT Co." I say.

"Amen," Ava laughed and I looked around at all the fancy dressed women and men.

"Have you seen Ricky?" I asked.

Ava shrugged.

"I saw him around maybe an hour ago. He was talking to Knox. Haven't seen him since." She said, causing me to sigh.

"I haven't talked to him since last night when he had to go into work last minute." I say with a frown.

"Work?" Ava says, confusion laced in her voice.

Glancing at her, I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes, work. He told me he had some filing to do before talking over something with Ken." I respond and she bites her lip.

"What is it?" I ask.

Looking at me, she sighs.

"Honey, I hate to break it to you, but Ricky never came to the office last night. I had to go over there to talk to Orlando about Knox coming into the partnership. Ken wasn't there either, he was just telling me how he went out on a date with some Cuban girl last night. Poor guy, he accidentally spilt wine on her when tripping and grabbed her boob when he fell on her. Let's just say that they'll never go out again." Ava said with a frown as she stares at Ken who is smiling as he talks to Eden.