Introduction

Julian must be going crazy. For the first time, he doesn't know what to do. Everything around him confuses him. But one thing he does know is that Caitlin Snow does this to him. She melts Julian with just one look, one smile. She makes him happy like nobody else ever could.

And he loves her. So much that he would sacrifice himself for her without a second thought.

She called him a 'world-class jerk'. He just pretended to ignore it, but inside it hurt him.

But the way she looked at him, the way she smiled with her eyes instead of her mouth when she saw him... what could that be other than love?

He thought he had made a mistake when he kissed her suddenly. They were in the lab, talking, when she put her hand in his. Did he move too fast by kissing her? Did he ruin all of his chances with her?

So he asked her to go out for dinner with him. Just to make sure. He was sure she would say no.

But she said yes.

He was so happy.

And so terrified.

What if he messed it all up?

"Julian!"

A familiar voice jerked him from his thoughts. He looked up and saw warm brown eyes gazing into his pale blue ones.

"Are you okay?" she asked. She had an adorable American accent. Then he mentally slapped himself. He lived in America now! He was the one with the accent.

"Oh, yes. Quite alright," he assured her.

She smiled, which made Julian smile. There wasn't any scientific evidence, but smiles were contagious. "Good. Do you want red wine or white?" she asked.

"I'll take white, thank you," he requested.

The night went by in a blur. Finally they had to go home. He walked her out to the parking lot.

"It was really nice seeing you, Julian," Caitlin said when they got to her car.

"Yeah, you too. Can we... can we do this again sometime soon?" he asked sheepishly.

Caitlin nodded. "Of course we can." Then she leaned forward and planted a kiss on Julian's cheek. "See you at S.T.A.R. Labs tomorrow!" she called as she got into her car.

Julian stood there for a few moments. His face felt warm. He sat there processing what just happened even a little bit after Caitlin's car disappeared.

She just kissed him!