Chapter 1 (Julian's POV)

"The future hasn't changed," Cisco sighed as he took his Vibe glasses off. "Savitar still... you know."

Barry runs his hand through his hair. I know he does this when he is nervous.

A few months ago Barry accidentally ran to the future and saw our enemy, the God of Speed, Savitar kill the love of his life: Iris West.

Now he is doing everything to stop that from happening. But so far it hasn't been working.

"Hey, it's okay," says Caitlin. My face heats up when I hear her voice. She walks over to Barry and puts her hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "We will save Iris."

Barry doesn't respond. Caitlin sighs and walks away. Then I realize she is walking toward me.

I get excited and nervous at the same time. Who knew the person you love could make you feel this way? I started planning what I would say but suddenly a beeping alarm came from Cisco's computer. We all run over to see what it is.

"Bank robbery on 5th Street," he calls out.

"I'm on it," says Barry. There is a flash of lightning and he's gone. Since we all know Barry can easily handle a couple of robbers and have them in handcuffs in a few seconds, everyone goes their own ways.

Except for me and Caitlin.

"Hey," she says and she wraps her hand around mine.

"Hi," I reply. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"I, um, I just wanted to thank you," she says out of the blue.

I thought I heard her wrong. "Sorry?"

"Listen, I have no idea how you love me. Even remotely like me, for that matter. I just... I don't know what I would do without you. I'm so sorry about what happened months ago, when I hurt you..."

"No, don't apologize. You weren't in control of anything that happened. It's not your fault."

She leans her head against my shoulder. "I wish that were true."

-Flashback-

I am finally done working for the day. I pack my things up and walk out of my lab.

"Hey! Someone let us out of here!"

I turn around and see a door frozen shut. I can hear two police officers pounding on it. But the most surprising part is a woman with glowing, pale, very pale blue eyes standing there. They were the color of ice. And definitely not what a normal person should have. I knew right there that she was a meta.

"E-excuse me?" I manage to get out. I was terrified.

"I need you to come with me," she says in an echoing voice.

I shake my head but she holds up a hand and an icicle forms in it. "I don't believe you have a choice."